Who's going to WPC meet in Windsor, Aug 6-11?

As well, they're scrambling to recover from some internal issues stemming back quite a few years. They're doing well all things considered. I'm not at liberty to divulge much more than that. Safe to say, things improve as we go along.

And for those wondering...

All back together save one minor part I'm waiting on.

New hoses, belts, compressor, clutch, fan, fan clutch, alternator, yadda yadda.

Will fill and burp coolant tomorrow, and Friday take it over to my valued second opinion guy to go over the AC, and deal with the compressor oil etc.

20240716_161738.jpg

For those whose situations have prevented them from registering before the deadline, Kevin (@kmccabe56 ) says he can process a few late registrants. I've already got him doing one or two, but if you're interested, please PM me and I'll put you in touch with Kevin directly. He adds that things need to happen as soon as possible, please.

Thanks all.

Wagon AC successfully recharged. No leaks or coolant hose flails, all good! Nice cold cold AC, as expected.

We added PAG oil in various places (dryer, condensor, compressor), would up with about 8 oz installed. Vacuumed for 1/2 hour, all good.

I've decided to change out the used thermo fan clutch I installed, as I suspect it's falling down a bit on the job - a bit of boiling in the overflow can when parked. Hot light not coming on though when restarting hot, so it's still within safe limits, but I want maximum cooling.

From my old days as a factory service rep in the Phoenix District, the rule was if the car wasn't barfing coolant, it wasn't overheating. Boiling coolant in the overflow looks like a problem, my 2 cents. Do you have seals at the front and rear of the hood?
Mark

Back