Why are parts stores part # for 1970 300 440 upper radiator hose wrong?

Anyone have any pictures of hose 60664, 60659 or 60621 on a 440? The 71281 in my original post seems to fit very nicely, however it seems like its pushing down on the heater hose. I can't tell if its tall enough to allow the heater hoses to route underneath. My unknown part # hose barely touches the heater hoses but doesn't push down on them. Thanks.
Did you look at the link I posted last Sunday?

I'd shorten the heater hoses to lessen that problem
This is a 69 with the Gates 20630
IMG_2146.JPG

IMG_2149.JPG

Alan

Did you look at the link I posted last Sunday?
Whoops, missed it...I apologize. After looking at your pic, I'm gonna try 71281 which has more of an OEM look to it. He said he had to trim it so I'm hoping he trimmed it from the thermostat housing. Anyhow, I'll post once I change it. Thanks!

I'd shorten the heater hoses to lessen that problem
This is a 69 with the Gates 20630
View attachment 670511
View attachment 670512

Alan
Thanks for the side pic. Now I get why 20630 might not work on the TNT. Magnums seem to have a little more room. The TNT's engine compartment seem to be more compact. Does your Magnum have a 26 inch radiator? I'm not sure why Chrysler didn't make everything the same with such large cars.

The problem I was having with my heater hoses was that they were melting too close to the exhaust manifold, being crushed by the A/C hose, kinking due to having to turn 90 degrees. So after playing with lengths, the longer hoses seems to work best for me. Plus it never made sense to me why Chrysler made the A/C hose so close to the heater hoses.

Last edited:
Thanks for the side pic. Now I get why 20630 might not work on the TNT. Magnums seem to have a little more room. The TNT's engine compartment seem to be more compact. Does your Magnum have a 26 inch radiator? I'm not sure why Chrysler didn't make everything the same with such large cars.

The problem I was having with my heater hoses was that they were melting too close to the exhaust manifold, being crushed by the A/C hose, kinking due to having to turn 90 degrees. So after playing with lengths, the longer hoses seems to work best for me. Plus it never made sense to me why Chrysler made the A/C hose so close to the heater hoses.
Yes it is a 26" radiator
The CHP car had a different upper hose because of the Leece-Neville Alternator
Not obvious but the ends are in the same place. the top one is the 20630
2021-10-27_003.jpg

2017-03-20_027.jpg

Alan

Back