wiper blade help

John Reddie

Reaction score
I am in need of windshield wiper blades for my 1967 Fury III convertible. The blades are 18 " and I would really like to get refill blades and keep the existing arms but not having much luck finding any. If need be, I will get the pieces that snap onto the arm; I just want be certain that I get the correct parts. I was quoted a part # 33-183 Trico from O'reilly but they couldn't get them. Any help and info is greatly appreciated as always. See attached pics.
Thanks
John

wiper blade 4.jpg

wiper blade 5.jpg

Very informative, thank you. I have not purchased anything from Rock Auto as of yet but I'll give them a try.

Informative video! I was not aware of the "cut to fit" blade inserts.

Now, how to they work with the air foil blades from the 1960s?

Juar curious,
CBODY67

I spent WAY too much time on wipers for my 68 New Yorker and 74 Blazer.
if you are looking for complete blades, Stay away from new Trico stuff, junk.
I found a few sets on the Ebay.

I spent WAY too much time on wipers for my 68 New Yorker and 74 Blazer.
if you are looking for complete blades, Stay away from new Trico stuff, junk.
I found a few sets on the Ebay.
Thanks to all for your help. I ordered the Anco blades from Rock Auto that bnz 84 posted and they came this morning. I paired them with the ones on the car and they can be trimmed to match and I'm sure it will be fine. Cheers.
John

Informative video! I was not aware of the "cut to fit" blade inserts.

Now, how to they work with the air foil blades from the 1960s?

Juar curious,
CBODY67

Very well for 64 New Yorker.

TRICO 47800 Break-To-Fit Refill Set; 17" - 26" Square Claw (8mm)

$5 each plus the $10 RockAuto shipping.

1727479196829.png
1727479196829.png

Rock Auto and Amazon both have the Trico 33-183's. I bought a set last year because I wanted the vintage look and the ones on my car were generic modern replacements. I don't think they were worth $25 apiece though.

I trimmed the new Anco blades to fit my Plymouth and they seem to be fine. I wet the windshield down with my hose and the wipers worked very nicely. I wanted to retain my original wiper arms and I was able to do so :thumbsup: Thank you guys again for your help and tips.
John

I forget to ask if anyone has treated their windshield with Rain X and if the wiper action is smoother afterwards?

I forget to ask if anyone has treated their windshield with Rain X and if the wiper action is smoother afterwards?
I've used Rain-X and similar products and I've also gotten in the habit of waxing the windows when I wax the cars. Actually, the wax does just as good, but that's a combination of getting the windshield extremely clean first, followed by the wax. A clay bar works well to clean the windows.

On my daily drivers, I can use the intermittent feature and even in a hard downpour, they work just fine. On the old cars, I often don't even turn them on unless it's really raining hard (read that as when I go to Carlisle) .

Back