Wow - How we have grown!!!

Yeah, just like the post above you "Quote, the asian is doing the dinner. the afro-american must be in bed with the women, but who is gay ?end Quote"

And all the political threads............................................................. yeah, awesome!

Yeah, just like the post above you "Quote, the asian is doing the dinner. the afro-american must be in bed with the women, but who is gay ?end Quote"

And all the political threads............................................................. yeah, awesome!
The DryDock is where you'll feel very comfortable then.

A little late Stan, it appears that you're having a debate with one of our new moderators.

Alley is a moderator on FBBO as well and is a good egg.

Dont worry, we wont be changing FCBO. Its working as it is, I dont fix things that arent broken.

Disagree. We will always be the Rodney Dangerfields of the Mopar fraternity. Except maybe for in Europe where back in the day no one could easily get there hands on a full sized car owned by US servicemen. Now they are dirt cheap in NA and being exported. My .02.

I would strongly debate the "Dangerfields of the Mopar fraternity" I myself feel super cool tooling around in my town. I guess perhaps its all about attitude....but putting that aside and this is no ****, I tell no tales....EVERYWHERE I go with my car (just a 2dr 70 Newport coup), I get positive comments from regular people. I get a lot from some older guys who may have happen to have a fuselage car (or other era Chrysler) in their youths and are now sorry they had to let it go for whatever reason and would love to find another one in great shape. I get comments from "non" car people who happened to have one in the family and have fond memories of their car (I even had an old grandmother stop me in a supermarket parking lot in the rain to tell me how her now deceased husband courted her in his 71' Newport and she just loved seeing my car)....and then there are all the pump jockys, I don't count anymore how many times a simple gas stop turns into a discussion about my Newport. I usually end up having to popping the hood and/or let people peek inside the car. Trust me when I say I am a super private person and I am extremely humbled when this it happens. I don't want the attention, its the car.
So I'm having hard time swallowing the "Dangerfields" theory. Perhaps its that way with the Jackson Barrett crowd but then I really don't give 2 shits about those folks anyways. They're investors first, enthusiast second. Not worried in the least bit not impressing them.

Bingo, we have a winner....... Dont forget all the "Not Mine" for sale ads that get us going. I think Gary really pushed that along

At any given time there might be 3-6 regulars on FCBO..... but 15 to 20 or more guests viewing the C-Bodies For Sale Section of FCBO. Check it out the people viewing sometimes.......you would be amazed.

I have, its outrageous. I for one am puzzled at the most viewers on line at once being in July, the same week as Carlisle when half of us werent here

I would strongly debate the "Dangerfields of the Mopar fraternity" I myself feel super cool tooling around in my town. I guess perhaps its all about attitude....but putting that aside and this is no ****, I tell no tales....EVERYWHERE I go with my car (just a 2dr 70 Newport coup), I get positive comments from regular people. I get a lot from some older guys who may have happen to have a fuselage car (or other era Chrysler) in their youths and are now sorry they had to let it go for whatever reason and would love to find another one in great shape. I get comments from "non" car people who happened to have one in the family and have fond memories of their car (I even had an old grandmother stop me in a supermarket parking lot in the rain to tell me how her now deceased husband courted her in his 71' Newport and she just loved seeing my car)....and then there are all the pump jockys, I don't count anymore how many times a simple gas stop turns into a discussion about my Newport. I usually end up having to popping the hood and/or let people peek inside the car. Trust me when I say I am a super private person and I am extremely humbled when this it happens. I don't want the attention, its the car.
So I'm having hard time swallowing the "Dangerfields" theory. Perhaps its that way with the Jackson Barrett crowd but then I really don't give 2 shits about those folks anyways. They're investors first, enthusiast second. Not worried in the least bit not impressing them.
I was responding to the statement "The "c's" are soon becoming the next mopar fad". Although I've experienced a couple incidents at cruise nights of people moving their cars away from mine when I parked next to their "popular" muscle car, I too have had lots of positive comments and agree it is rewarding to get them. But I'm also realistic enough to understand that the same person giving a compliment about your car does not translate into a putting their money where their mouth is. Their first choice would still be an A, B or E body. This is what I'm referring to as a lack of respect and continue to maintain that in terms of overall popularity we will remain a small minority.

I was responding to the statement "The "c's" are soon becoming the next mopar fad". Although I've experienced a couple incidents at cruise nights of people moving their cars away from mine when I parked next to their "popular" muscle car, I too have had lots of positive comments and agree it is rewarding to get them. But I'm also realistic enough to understand that the same person giving a compliment about your car does not translate into a putting their money where their mouth is. Their first choice would still be an A, B or E body. This is what I'm referring to as a lack of respect and continue to maintain that in terms of overall popularity we will remain a small minority.

Fred is correct as usual ........they are not the next Mopar fad or fashion

Just for the record then, I liked C-bodies before C-bodies were cool! :grin:

A long, long time ago............................................................................. in a galaxy far, far away......................................

I have know Fred a hell of a long time. He welcomed me and my family into his house at 4:30 in the morning and offered us breakfast....he's right a lot

Back