Wow - How we have grown!!!

well its maybe not to re-live a youth but these are cool cars from cool times and they are getting more and more scarce every year.

they appeal to younger ppl now because younger ppl dont have the image of these being boring mom and dad cars anymore.

and older ppl like them bcoz they are like nothing in the new market.

why do you own yours if they are so undesireable?

im into it because i refuse to be forced into what the new market dictates is so called "cool" i wasnt even born when these cars were being produced but its easy to see a time that will never be re-captured but should be brought back.......before Americans were slaves to the Japanese car-makers and had real style

I have been into them for over thirty years now, when I was in my teens. I am an old school, old soul kind of guy. I like things different, traditional and yet unique. I have always bucked the trends...

When I got seriously into C's around 2001 I shared your sentiments. No longer. I can't see today's kids getting into them either. They will be focusing on old Celicas when they get the chance. I hope you prove me wrong.

I can see how you would think that..........but believe me the donkers and the 4 banger import clowns aren't the only scene happening out there.

I have been into them for over thirty years now, when I was in my teens. I am an old school, old soul kind of guy. I like things different, traditional and yet unique. I have always bucked the trends...

you just defined right there why Cs are becoming more popular and appealing to younger people

well its maybe not to re-live a youth but these are cool cars from cool times and they are getting more and more scarce every year.

they appeal to younger ppl now because younger ppl dont have the image of these being boring mom and dad cars anymore.

and older ppl like them bcoz they are like nothing in the new market.

why do you own yours if they are so undesireable?

im into it because i refuse to be forced into what the new market dictates is so called "cool" i wasnt even born when these cars were being produced but its easy to see a time that will never be re-captured but should be brought back.......before Americans were slaves to the Japanese car-makers and had real style

Neither was I born then. My dad drove them when most were already 10-12 or so years old. I can't see myself driving some shitty 4 banger. I like big cars and big powerful motors. Can't get that from a Toyota.

Chrysler built the best.

You guys again are overlooking something , availability. Not many left and minimal parts .

Again, as I said, For fifteen + years on the internet I have heard the same arguments and for fifteen years values havent gone through the roof and popularity hasnt jumped. I am still awaiting this awakening by the masses that you predict.

Neither was I born then. My dad drove them when most were already 10-12 or so years old. I can't see myself driving some shitty 4 banger. I like big cars and big powerful motors. Can't get that from a Toyota.

Chrysler built the best.

exactly ....and mopar built some good lookers too......i have a 73 polara here and i cant stop looking at it ......its sooo beautiful....its hard to understand who wouldnt want an older Mopar.

the best looking toyota is one that went over a cliff

You guys again are overlooking something , availability. Not many left and minimal parts .

thats not a bad thing ....i am coming from the B-body world and quite frankly Bs are getting boring .....everybody has a road chicken and they all look the same with the same re-pop options ....blah blah blah ......Cs are something unique and interesting

Again, as I said, For fifteen + years on the internet I have heard the same arguments and for fifteen years values havent gone through the roof and popularity hasnt jumped. I am still awaiting this awakening by the masses that you predict.

Less and less availability only works to fuel the desirability effect. It's happening before your very eyes, I know you can see it. Just a matter of time before really big bucks will start entering the scene......already happening for the upper echelon cars....primo low mileage pristine barn finds.

thats not a bad thing ....i am coming from the B-body world and quite frankly Bs are getting boring .....everybody has a road chicken and they all look the same with the same re-pop options ....blah blah blah ......Cs are something unique and interesting

There could be something to that philosophy . That argument I'll buy into.........gotta think about it

Less and less availability only works to fuel the desirability effect. It's happening before your very eyes, I know you can see it. Just a matter of time before really big bucks will start entering the scene......already happening for the upper echelon cars....primo low mileage pristine barn finds.

The higher end cars are coming down in price, except those barn find survivors. Those will always be high because of their originality

Really? At some point there will be NO demand for these cars, zero. Dusenbergs will be available for cheap because no one will want one. Imagine that

true...Cs were family cars in the old days .....times that went bye bye long ago ......now a C-body still re-captures a time thats gone same as any HEMI car. in fact a C would more likely re-capture a time long past better than a HEMI bcoz more ppl had memories in C-bodys and cars like Wagons, and six cylinder darts ....all were undesirable at one time but its a new world now and to try to re-capture days long past is getting harder and harder with streets full of modern pimp cars and plastic junk now. so makes sense why C-bodys are getting more popular and desirable now

This is exactly why I see things as completely opposite. Taking, for example, 1970 as the middle of the C bodies we deal with here. Now who exactly drove them back then? I remember clearly who drove them because both my grandfathers drove them. One Dodge and one Chrysler. They were 60 in 1970 and I was 16. Guess what cars I wanted at that age and what still draw my attention today? That scenario hasn't changed for any 16 year old over time.

So who is going to buy these cars. The people who owned them? Nope, their dead. Their sons who rode in them? Nope, they are in their 80's now. The 16 year olds who rode in them as grandchildren? Maybe just a few since, like me, I still long after Cougars, Mustangs, Torinos and Chargers. Fewer still will settle for a big car, like me, since I LIKE cars period. However, a big car is a problem as there is really no aftermarket infrastructure. That will deter a few of those who might think of a big car compared to the great ease of finding stuff for a Mustang and Camaro.

A 16 year old teenager is very impressionable and naturally they will fixate on the cool cars they see at the time they are 16. My two nephews were born in 1982 and neither is interested in cars from the 60's to mid-70's. This despite me and despite my brother. Where did they go wrong? They didn't they just want what they grew up around and want what require, shall we say, less work to maintain. Another reason is they can't possibly take care of or drag around two cars at the age of 30 and single. So, in my opinion, the window of buyers would be those born between 1960-70 or 42-52 years of age. More near the higher end of that range. That is not a big market and they have kids going to college. Even you say "recapture days long past" which would be hard to do if you weren't born yet. So who is left to recapture them?

Now if there were more people like Polara71, a contrarian, you might have a larger market. Of course, I'm not sure we want to go there...:hehe:

Back