Wyoming Crash

For the life of me I can't figure out how that many "pro" drivers could pile up that bad....when the first truck or two wiped out ...the CB should have been alive with warnings about the wreck...does anybody not talk on the radio anymore ? ......Hammerdown and Pile 'Em High boys

Last edited:
Quite the mess.. Tires knocked off the rim, trailers exploded , trailer loads spread about.

For the life of me I can't figure out how that many "pro" drivers could pile up that bad....when the first truck or two wiped out ...the CB should have been alive with warnings about the wreck...does anybody not talk on the radio anymore ? ......Hammerdown and Pile 'Em High boys

I don't think there was a "pro" there, didn't spy one truck with chains installed.

For the life of me I can't figure out how that many "pro" drivers could pile up that bad.....does anybody not talk on the radio anymore ? ......Hammerdown and Pile 'Em High boys

Can you say, "moving to fast for conditions"? Not many, if any use CB anymore.

I don't think there was a "pro" there, didn't spy one truck with chains installed.
There goes the board again, passing judgement on people where it may not have been implemented yet! Do you know if chain control was in effect at the time? YOU FAIL BIG TIME!!!!!

Now I know why there is always a demand for CDL drivers, plenty of those drivers will be hoofing it on the sidewalk if they made it out alive. When isn't there a snow pile up on I-80?
I had to Google around for the video as it's not on the linked news site and I found plenty pile up videos going back to 2012. The sounds of the tractor trailers crashing is just unbelievable.

I80 Wyoming BIG CRASH.jpg

the CB should have been alive with warnings about the wreck...does anybody not talk on the radio anymore ?

Here's a comment on the ZooTube video that may 'splain it.

"Hardly any CB use so nobody warns others, nobody gets it. CB use use to prevent some of these pile ups when used properly. Sadly now it’s music, arguments and garbage mouths on the CBs."

Such a shame that most of that Carnage could have been prevented with an over the air warning.

Now I know why there is always a demand for CDL drivers, plenty of those drivers will be hoofing it on the sidewalk if they made it out alive. When isn't there a snow pile up on I-80?
I had to Google around for the video as it's not on the linked news site and I found plenty pile up videos going back to 2012. The sounds of the tractor trailers crashing is just unbelievable.

View attachment 357345
4 brand new Peterbilts on their way to delivery in that mess. Someones gonna be pissed.

Last edited:
Having ran from Florida to the Pacific NW for years I can attest to the hazards of winter driving in an 18 wheeler. It's by the grace of God that I've got over 4 million miles without an accident. I too, have seen the videos of pileups, as the are happening. It is as simple as driving to fast for conditions. I remember my first time driving in snow, heading across the PA turnpike, other drivers teasing/cussing this Florida boy (I was 19) for driving to slow, only to find them in the ditch down the road. The CB is pretty much useless today. I have mine on, but squelched up to where I dont hear anybody unless they're within sight. Someone I know hollering at me if I didn't see them first is all I care to hear.

Slow down and drive for the weather conditions??? How far down that road can you see even on a bad day....

B2FB5AFD-C4F2-485B-B397-75160774BB40.jpeg
Me after 12 hour shift last night, I do a lot of barefooting but there’s definitely a time to put on the jewelry.
I’ve had my CDL for 43 years, zero wrecks , spent a lot of that time on long haul, a courtesy tip on the radio from a driver going the other way saved me a lot grief from everything from accidents ahead, speed traps, construction delays, even nasty *** lot lizards. I work in the dirtiest of conditions on the road and even if nobody’s talking on the radio anymore, this I-80 wreck looks to me like- no excuse for it- way too fast for abilities and conditions

Last edited:
3 dead, dozens injured.

Tragic event that could have been avoided, like most of these accidents, by slowing down and being aware of the road conditions.

Back