UNBREADED! '71 Monaco Wagon

Slap a new HV oil pump on it unless you've already done that. Gave my fury 10-12psi more at hot idle.
We did, I was hoping that would solve it. I'm probably going to grab some 20w50 and try that. I also have some Lucas oil stabilizer I could try.

I already assumed you were on vr1 20w50, definitely do that.
Do they still make "motor honey"? =)

Bearings are toast.
Wyatt inspected a couple, and they looked okay. I'm not saying the others are good, we didn't dig that far. After putting in the HV pump the lifter noise went away, so I'm thinking it helped a little. A band-aid at best.

The engine is definitely tired. The sludge it had showed it wasn't loved, just used, and not maintained the best. I have another 383 I got with the Cicada I'm going to go over and see if it's good enough to install in the wagon, if this engine tells me it's time.

Well, that didn't go as planned. The radiator decide to **** the bed. It was losing power before the coolant puked out.

PXL_20240601_132318302.jpg

Luckily, I hadn't really gone that far from home when it happened. Better close to home than a hundred or so miles away.

Stealth wagon!
I hope you get home safely and figure this out. Maybe you need to bite the bullet and refresh the engine.
Getting it towed, not sure I have enough antifreeze to make the trip home.

Yeah, a rebuild may be sooner than expected.

The guy I got it from said the oil light flickered . My head naturally always goes to bearings from experience. For Scott's sake, I hope not.

Losing power, heat, low oil pressure. Things are not working in harmony

It's in it's storage hole. At least I can drive it in and out, but it's making a bit of a clatter now. I'll figure out what I'm going to do in a week or two.

Going back and rereading the whole thread I'd say this wagon has been running on "Borrowed Time" for a while. It is certainly worth putting the work into it to make it nice!

Going back and rereading the whole thread I'd say this wagon has been running on "Borrowed Time" for a while. It is certainly worth putting the work into it to make it nice!
You guys are such negative Nancy's! If this wagon was a game show, Press You Luck would be appropriate. Hey, I tried.

Back