For Sale 1969 Imp Very nice in Auction MN

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, I didn't go for it.
Typo from me, I meant B7 or B9 blue.
I am a blue/turquoise enthusiast.
Only black gets my attention, too on C-bodies as well as Hi Impact colours (FY1, EV2, GY3)

Remember I tried to inform you about the E7 car.

Carsten

Hi Carsten

Yes.. and thanks for your advise. I totally agreed on the part of it being a sin to repaint it (black).. this out of pure "Imperial preservation respect", although the car would have been AWESOME in black/white/white, and based on this, I "sort of decided not to buy it", but I low-balled him with a bid of 5500 as it had been on for three weeks, red or not. A few days passed without reply, and it was just as I was going to raise my bid 6800 instead, that he replied that it was sold already, and just when my car-sadness was peaking, "the blue wonder" showed up.. reviewing the good old saying "all good things come to those who wait".. (and bid high)

These colors are my preferred (1969): X9 Black - A9 Charcoal - Q4 Aquamarine Blue ?? Bright Turquoise - B3 Bahama Blue - Y4 Classic gold or F8 Jade Green - F9 Dark Emerald...

out of my head I only remember one x9 2dr from 69 (being sure a factory black car from the factory).
I have seen one Crown in Q4 (now owned by a member here, needs resto)

The greenies are most easy to be found.

Good luck on the B3 one

Carsten

out of my head I only remember one x9 2dr from 69 (being sure a factory black car from the factory).
I have seen one Crown in Q4 (now owned by a member here, needs resto)

The greenies are most easy to be found.

Good luck on the B3 one

Carsten

Thanks Carsten.. :)

attachment.php

Wow, what a beauty she is! I like the exterior color, but the bench seat not so much... Pictures of the trunk would be nice.

Good luck with this purchase!

Wow, what a beauty she is! I like the exterior color, but the bench seat not so much... Pictures of the trunk would be nice.

Good luck with this purchase!

Thanks a lot Vodka!

And I totally agree.. Buckets ROCK, while bench ~ ehhh.. "does not rock so much", but the fact that the Imp was not available with a console anyway, is a extenuating factor for me.

And with a 69 Imp (which I have decided to go for, mainly due to the FABULOUS "gill style" side markers), in that beautiful color, condition, and mileage.. (if true, which I have decided to believe it is), I can't help but to bit on it.. so I have initiated "operation acceptance of the blue bench setup".. :-D

But first, I need to win.. so for now, I'm just hoping to get a positive answer back from the auction site regarding payment, as they require cash payment, or money transfer.. none of which I am able to do from here.

I would like to thank you again for your fabulous Imp-restoration thread, and also setting the bar as high as you do. Any C would love to have you as "dad", and I will most likely use that thread as a reference for any work that needs to be done, IF I am lucky enough to win!

The color is almost perfect. The car would be perfect if it had buckets, a console shifter & 'delete vinyl option' (which never existed on a LeBaron, of course.)

But I find it hard to believe the stated mileage. To me it looks like a 131 thousand mile car, and a classic case of the ever so common (hopeful) misinterpretation of the five digit odo. Apparently a well kept one car, yes, but a genuine 31 thousand mile car? After 46 years? Oh come on, guys!

The color is almost perfect. The car would be perfect if it had buckets, a console shifter & 'delete vinyl option' (which never existed on a LeBaron, of course.)

But I find it hard to believe the stated mileage. To me it looks like a 131 thousand mile car, and a classic case of the ever so common (hopeful) misinterpretation of the five digit odo. Apparently a well kept one car, yes, but a genuine 31 thousand mile car? After 46 years? Oh come on, guys!

If you have ever owned one of these beasts, they are very hard to keep running well for 130K miles, as all the electrical options have needed to be replaced by then and very few people have the fortitude and will to keep a car looking so nice after all the problems they would have had keeping them running. Autotemp I itself is a nightmare, and then all the electric windows, vacuum park brake release, sequential turn signal lights, maybe budd disc brakes and on and on will test anyone's resolve to keep these running so long and looking so nice. I would vote for 30K miles despite the underhood grime and the torn seat - Minnesota is a pretty harsh place to keep a car looking nice, especially under hood where the moisture in the air all the time will affect the appearance of things like the compressor and other components compared to say a California car. A very nice example in my opinion here, but I wonder how many of the options still work and whether there is someone that can answer that question associated with selling the car at auction?

Looks nice, no matter what the true mileage is.

I say go for it, but don't believe everything without true records...

In addition to the torn seat the 8-track door seems to have seen quite a bit of use.

I'd say the mileage is accurate. Minnesota is a car killing environment. Could have been a portly owner who lived his 8 tracks that owned the car. I just don't think it would look that good with another 100k on the clock. I'm jealous of whoever has the winning bid. Still pulling for you, Chryslerdude!

Thanks a lot Vodka!

I would like to thank you again for your fabulous Imp-restoration thread, and also setting the bar as high as you do. Any C would love to have you as "dad", and I will most likely use that thread as a reference for any work that needs to be done, IF I am lucky enough to win!

Wow, that's one hell of a statemant! Thanks a lot for your kind words! :icon_redface:

I hope this Imp is the one you'll drag home! Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back