MLB 2014 Season - any other Baseball fans out there ?

I only get to that place 2 or 3 times a year. One of my best friends is a big time Oriole fan. The B&O Railroad Museum is within eyesight of Camden Yards so I (and visiting friends and relatives) always want to go to Baltimore's Inner Harbor and all the local attractions. That's a quick spot right across the street to take a break.

I'll definitely check it out if I ever get there again .. always wanted to check out Baltimore but never made the time when I've been in the area. I have hit many battlefields in that area though and the D.C. mall and Smithsonian many times.

I work a lot and hardly ever get down there anymore. Once I retire for good I'll be able to enjoy going down there and relaxing.

AL - Now down to 7 teams close ... Royals finally catch the Tigers and wrestle the lead from them with a 9-1 record and 8 straight wins! BTW Baltimore kicked our *** in the HR factory in our series ... unfortunately the Cards didn't get to jump on the back of the truck this week. Oh and of course the A's and Angels still battling and kicking butt in the AL.

baseball standings AL - 12 Aug 2014.JPG

NL - Still 9 teams in it for now ... no body really dominant in the NL this season unless it's the Dodgers. Multiple 2-3 changes between STL and PIT jockeying for second but neither able to take the lead from the Brew Crew and keep it. Atlanta better kick it in gear

baseball standings NL - 12 Aug 2014.JPG

We are reaching a turning point though where 6 games out is going to mean something for most teams so as the games dwindle it's going to become clearer who's probably going to wind up on the playoffs.

P.S. I hope Verlander is OK Matt

baseball standings AL - 12 Aug 2014.JPG

baseball standings NL - 12 Aug 2014.JPG

Where are the boobies??? New page needs more tail!

this one's guilty by association...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Now, where's the other one of this twin ?

I'm kinda thinkin' those are nice twins right there!

this one's guilty by association...

Well I posted a bunch the other day and last week but they didn't get much love outside of Bob so I thought people only came here for the standings LOL

A buddy sent this to me....

note from a proud grandfather.
Two years ago I took my grandson to his first ball game.
Good grandfather and grandson stuff, right?
Male bonding, right?
I buy him hot dogs, pretzels, ice cream!
He sees one hit over the wall! ! ! !
All of that. . . .

But will he remember the time we spent together?
Will he remember the taste of the hot dogs?

Flavor of the Ice cream? Size of the pretzel?
Will he often think of that long home run?
NAH!
What will he remember?
download

All sports work hand in hand with boobies...well most of them. LOL!

AL - Still at 7 teams within striking distance BUT time is getting pretty short to be down 6 games ... Royals finish up the week 8-2 in their last 10 games so still hot! Angles finally caught the A's and are tied but have played one less game / have 1 less loss. Still a tight race with the Mariners sneaking up and taking the #2 wild card spot with an 8-2 for the week and a total run diff of +99. Angels or A's would have the other WC if the season ended today. Detroit really needs to win the division this year as both WC spots could go to the West. Verlander still uncertain. He's never been on the DL and never missed a start due to health concerns until today.

View attachment 36842

NL - Finally down to 7 teams with a good chance down from 9 for the longest time... still no body really dominant in the NL but the Nat's are heating it up with and 8-2 in their last 10 with a 5 Win streak and are up to a +91 run diff. The NL Central is still tight but the Reds are slipping with Votto and Philips on the DL. At present 1 or both WC spots would go to the NC central

View attachment 36843

Back