MLB 2014 Season - any other Baseball fans out there ?

I quit watching MLB during the strike back in the mid-'90s. Honestly, I don't believe I could name five active players anymore. I was a huge fan in the '70s, especially the Oakland "A"s. I can still rattle off the entire '73 and '74 rosters.

The A's just got even better and the Cubs get better down the road

A's acquire Jeff Samardzija, Jason Hammel from Cubs

The Oakland Athletics and Chicago Cubs have agreed on a deal that sends starting pitchersJeff Samardzija and Jason Hammel to Oakland, reports Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com. The centerpiece of the return to the Cubs is top-flight prospect Addison Russell.
The Cubs are also getting starting pitcher Dan Straily and outfield prospect Billy McKinny in addition to a player to be named later.

.. wonder what this means for the Cubs current ADD shortstop Starlin Castro ....

starlin-dawdling.gif

tumblr_mah6gw0T5B1rvt5wko1_r1_500.gif

THERE is 1 OUT when this play starts and the bases loaded

clip0023.gif.opt.gif

Welp Yadi is out on the DL and probably for the season incl the post season if we make it though even though the Cards say 8-12 weeks.

I really enjoy watching Yadi catch but will now root for Tony Cruz who, as Yadi's understudy, almost never get's any game time.

Go Cards !!

AL- A's have have improved upon their best record in MLB. Angels continue to purse and are 3.5 back in the AL West and have an absolutely amazing and increasing run diff of 142. Detroit keeps moving up while holding off the Royals in the central while increasing their run diff and playoff likelihood.

The Angels have the 2nd best run diff at +71, followed by the Nat's and Toronto tied at +57 which highlights how amazing the A's really are

Overall it been a rough 10 days with most teams around .500 but the leaders not losing much ground.

7 teams still well in the play off race

baseball standings AL - 10 Jul 2014.jpg

NL - The collapse may be happening or at least the Brew Crew had a very rough week. The NL Central has 4 teams all in the thick of it and anyone of them can claim their respective divisions.

The Cards, Reds, and Pirates all gained ground while the Brewers scuffled. It's tight as hell in the NL East and West where the Dodgers caught the Giants and tied it up.

9 teams still mixing it up for division titles

baseball standings NL - 10 Jul 2014.jpg

baseball standings AL - 10 Jul 2014.jpg

baseball standings NL - 10 Jul 2014.jpg

AL- A's still have the best record in MLB. Angels continue to purse and are 1.5 back in the AL West and have an absolutely amazing and increasing run diff of 145. Detroit keeps moving up while holding off the Royals in the central while increasing their run diff to 50 and playoff likelihood.

7 teams still well in the play off race

baseball standings AL - 14 Jul 2014.JPG

NL - The brew crew went on a 1 of 12 game skids but won the last game to retain the lead in the NL Central but there are still 4 teams all in the thick of it and anyone of them can claim their respective divisions.

The Cards, Reds, and Pirates all gained ground while the Brewers scuffled again. It's tight as hell in the NL East and West where the Dodgers caught the Giants and now have the lead

8 teams still mixing it up for division titles in the NL

baseball standings NL - 14 Jul 2014.JPG

baseball standings AL - 14 Jul 2014.JPG

baseball standings NL - 14 Jul 2014.JPG

Where's the bonus pic?

Tigers' rotation of Max Scherzer, Verlander, Anibal Sanchez and David Price. Wow

Red Sox got two great players and teammates .. Allen Craig and Joe Kelly... Cards got Lackey for PO run and next year for $500K and get $30+ M back for Craig's salary

Last edited:
IF I still have a drivers license I will be at the Pirates game on Friday night....

Back