Status
Not open for further replies.

dude69300

Reaction score
Contact seller
IMG_5495.PNG
IMG_5494.PNG
Cars On Line.com | Classic Cars For Sale
Not mine but I sure wish it was, wants only $60,000. These cars seem to be coming down in price.

View attachment 138287 View attachment 138286 Cars On Line.com | Classic Cars For Sale
Not mine but I sure wish it was, wants only $60,000. These cars seem to be coming down in price.

Yes, the prices for these cars are coming down. The older folks that used to own them are now passing away on a more frequent basis, thereby increasing the available supply of these rare cars. And the pool of available buyers is also shrinking too since young people don't know much, if anything, about them. Plus restoration costs are quite high.

But the really nicely restored examples will still command decent prices. They are amazing cars in that Chrysler was able to build them as specialty models in the first place in such low volumes.

Yes, the prices for these cars are coming down. The older folks that used to own them are now passing away on a more frequent basis, thereby increasing the available supply of these rare cars. And the pool of available buyers is also shrinking too since young people don't know much, if anything, about them. Plus restoration costs are quite high.

But the really nicely restored examples will still command decent prices. They are amazing cars in that Chrysler was able to build them as specialty models in the first place in such low volumes.
Bucket list car... but @$60k I would still need a second mortgage... I will remain happy with what I've got.

I was at the Ford garage last Friday on my route and one of the techs was reprogramming the blind spot sensors on a brand new unsold pickup truck. F-350 4 Door platinum package... stickered out at a staggering $79,600!!! How can they justify asking that kind of money for a pickup truck that will be worth half that in three years?

This car on the other hand, is a work of art on wheels and worth every dime. Though markets change I doubt it's value will drop by half in the next three years or ever for that matter. Chances are pretty good it will go back up again.

If I had the money, it would be in my driveway.

I can only dream.....

White over silver/gray is stunning on this one!
IMG_3116.JPG

Found this via the same site... I'm thinking what's wrong with it? $19,900 seem too good to be true. I love these Imperials.
View attachment 138379
The 1960 Chrysler Imperial Crown Sedan

That is completely insane! Those cars in that condition can't possible be worth so little. I was going to restore my 2 door 1960 Imperial, which needs a complete, but I would be money ahead to buy that one and part it to make my 2 door just as nice. I find this hard to believe! Maybe the market is much worse than I thought for these! :wideyed:

Thanks for sharing that one.

Last edited:
Wish I had the cash.... of course he may be the Lakeland Lash of the Midwest! Lol, but I doubt it. Someone would have to lay eyes on it. But I sure like what I'm seeing!

Nice F. I don't mind the black inserts on the seats either. From an outsider looking in, I would have thought that old American ( in particular ) car prices are on the increase....

That is completely insane! Those cars in that condition can't possible be worth so little. I was going to restore my 2 door 1960 Imperial, which needs a complete, but I would be money ahead to buy that one and part it to make my 2 door just as nice. I find this hard to believe! Maybe the market is much worse than I thought for these! :wideyed:

Thanks for sharing that one.
I went through that ad pic by pic and I'm thinking did I wake up 1997?

:thumbsup:

Yes, it is Alaskan white. It is original paint and chrome, etc.

Very nice ! Mine is 'Daytona Sand', not quite as bright/pure as the 'Alaskan White' shade :)

Here's a couple of pics @cantflip taken during a road trip at the end of last year with plenty of road grime included...

IMG_8556.JPG
IMG_8629.JPG
IMG_8731.JPG

Hey SixtyF -
I see you are in NZ, don't know why I didn't notice that before. Are you near Auckland? I sold some parts to a Michelle that lives there, for her 71 Monaco, her BF had a 57 or 58 Fury - do you know them? Maybe NZ is a big area but car-folks are usually well connected. Sold her that stuff 15 years ago but we still have periodic email contact from it after all this time. (cars bring people together - the best man at my wedding became my best friend simply because of a car)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back