1964-66 Imperial gas tank from Van's Thoughts

garyh

Reaction score
Anyone buy a tank from Van's for their 64-66 Imperial ? Wondering about Fitment.

"Van's" is a re-seller, not a manufacturer. You can find the same tank at other vendors, but I have observed that Van's usually has very good pricing when compared to other vendors, might even offer "free shipping", too? The part number they use is for a Spectrum Premium tank. Put that part number into Google and see what comes up as to other vendors and their priding. Or even at www.rockautolcom .

BE SURE you get all seals and gaskets to install the sending unit and possibly the filler neck onto the main tank.

I might recommend using the existing sending unit, cleaning it up to remove any accumulated fuel coatings. If you opt for a new one, match the contours of the float holder "wire" to mimic what the OEM unit has, which might help the new sender read with the accuracy of the OEM unit. Seems that the replacement units are notorious for not reading correctly, for some reason.

Just some thoughts and observations,
CBODY67

I will reuse my old sender .The inlet for the neck has an internal "O" ring instead of the OEM style rubber Donut seal.

It appears Vans is the only supplier for the 64-66 Imps. I filled my new vans tank and leaks at the filler neck area. The new tank will not accept the original seal style,Tank has an internal "O' Ring that is the problem, It's Not an original design.

Back