1965 Chrysler Imperial Radiator

ab777

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I have a ‘65 Imperial that I recently got. Unfortunately someone had been using water instead of coolant all of those years which has led to the radiator rusting. I am trying to shop for new radiators but I am unable to find radiators for a ‘65 Imperial. Will other radiators for other 1965 Chryslers work? Or any other suggestions?

Congrats on getting the Imperial.

If the radiator is rusty, then the block's water passages are most probably where the rust started. Which can mean the heater core is similar.

Might try a rinse of the system to see what's there. Just a rinse with no cleaning agents. Then inspect the core plugs on the side of the block for seeps. Eventually, though, they will most probably need to be replaced to get at the accumulation in the rear section of the block (which is the lowest point).

The other part in this situation is the heater core. Hopefully it will come out clean, just do NOT reverse flush it! Only flush in the normal direction of coolant flow through it, otherwise, it could clog. BTDT

Good luck,
CBODY67

Back