1966 Chryser 300 fender tag

Another reader has offered some alternative decoding. Please advise if your car has one, or the other, or both, or neither of these pairs: f6: 426-Rear Seat Speaker vs 586 Fender Skirts; Q9: 429-Power Antenna vs 459 Power Vent Window. The other reader did confirm Y6 meant Black Vinyl Top. I have begun reformatting my report to accommodate the additional data on the top two lines of the '66 MoPar Body Data Plate.

Similar query sent to owner. Do you have any other insights? Y6 is seen as black vinyl top-confirmed by owner.

See here:

I've also read that Y7 would be white vinyl top.

This thread might be of interest if you're looking for more code info for 1966 in general:

Last edited:
Another thing that points to non original parts is that my car color is XX1 Which is beige. M4X trim code which is black. The car has a dark blue carpet. There was no broadcast sheet under the back seat but when I pulled the carpet back to remove the parking brake cable there was a broadcast sheet under there and another piece of paper with symbols on it. The numbers on the broadcast sheet did not match my car so I figured it was stuck to the bottom of the carpet that was taken from another car and put in mine. After looking up the codes on the broadcast sheet it turns out it is from a 1966 Polara. It still didn't make sense because the broadcast sheet decodes as WW1, Persian White with a trim code of L4T which is tan. No Dark blue. Strange.

Back