1968 Chrysler 300 Archeology – Power Steering Pump decal information needed

Crobah

Reaction score
I am seeking help from members who can help identify what the text said that was on this decal affixed to the power steering pump on my ’68 300 survivor car. I needed to remove it because the glue had softened up and was only just hanging on the corner of the label. Unfortunately the PS fluid soaked into the paper and the text is severely washed out.

I have tried different light angles trying to figure out what was written on this NOTICE decal so I could reproduce it locally. I have searched the forum using the search function as well as Google, and parts suppliers to no avail so I figured I would ask you guys.

I have communicated with another member on here and did share a photo of a similar decal he found but on a 1970’s vintage pump. They are similar but have differences. The later year is blue with black text. The earlier 1968 NOTICE label the text is all red and it does have additional lines of text. I can make out numerals in the lower right hand corner.

If you can reply and share a photo would be greatly appreciated

20240814_101348 (1).jpg

20240814_101430.jpg

image0.jpeg

The top red band says notice.
It is a rebuilder decal, not from Chrysler.

It could be telling you that using ATF in power steering will void your warranty.

Use regular power steering fluid, not synthetic or the stuff to stop leaks.

It is a rebuilder decal, not from Chrysler.
^This^

I know you said the pump pictured is from a later model, but so we are on the same page with no confusion, that pump pictured is a Saginaw pump and not something that would be on a stock '68 300.

I have seen those notice labels, but NOT on a Chrysler OEM 1968 power steering pump, which was NOT a Saginaw pump (as was used in later years on Chry products).

On anything related to a Saginaw pump, it might appear to be easier to pry on the pump, at first look, rather than on the brackets the pump is related to. Whereas on the pre-Saginaw pumps, prying on the brackets "looks" like that is the best way to do things. Of course, with cautions against prying on the pump reservoir body in the FSM.

Obviously, your vehicle has been "updated" to the later-use Saginaw pump and brackets.

If you desire that label, you might look in the "GM repro labels" section of things.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

I have the OEM Federal PS pump with the vented cap with ears on my car and the responses to my original post clearly say that the label identifies that this pump was rebuilt sometime in the past. This is perfectly fine since it records a history of the car from previous ownership from the last 55 years. I will probably stick it back on. I was only using the image of the blue label to show another example of a similar label found on PS unit, not to show I have the same style pump shown in the photo.

Thank you for your expertise and enlightening me (and probably many other readers viewing the thread) on the label.

Respectfully

Frank

Back