For Sale 1969 Imperial 2 door

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny going through that thread, knowing how the story ended so far...
You guys seemed to talk to the seller at the same time ,having no clue of each other, both thinking to have the deal done...

Think the guy will trade for the 318-4/3.23 SG/T-top/console Mirada I should* be driving to Spring Fling?
With all due respect, even if the observed flaws are there, this is 100x the car a Mirada is. I know because I owned one and it was far and away without question the single worst car I have ever owned. It was junk from the very day I bought it as a 'low mileage executive car' from the dealer. I'd take the Imperial with some rust over a mint Mirada in a heartbeat.

I had 3 Miradas all at the same time. All three were excellent cars with very little trouble to be had.

With all due respect, even if the observed flaws are there, this is 100x the car a Mirada is. I know because I owned one and it was far and away without question the single worst car I have ever owned. It was junk from the very day I bought it as a 'low mileage executive car' from the dealer. I'd take the Imperial with some rust over a mint Mirada in a heartbeat.

Well now that you've wasted electrons waking up a dead post, you should know that my "offer" was in jest because I was vacationing in the same geographic area. You know, kidding around? I couldn't have made the deal if his answer was "yes".

Second of all, ever hear the expression "different horses for different courses"? That means I'd no more compare these cars than I'd use a '70 Cuda to haul lumber.

I have done also some restorations. For example there has been 3 cars hanging from the rotisserie in my garage during last ten years. This one I bought from L.A and paid 1200 usd. Got some extra costs when shipping it to Europe. Got some comments about being stupid, because I paid more costs than the car value in L.A. But, check out this body condition. I saved BIG money and countless of hours on bodywork (it needed two patches) and car is still made of real Mama Mopar Steel, not AMD baby.

View attachment 180231

View attachment 180232

View attachment 180233
Nice work you have going there. Did you end up restoring the Duster. We would like to see more photos of your work or the cars you have been working on during the 10 years.

Yes, it`s looks like very clean Duster! Did You put her into an some kind of "acid bath" because that is so glossy and clean? It does not look like a sand blasted
So...do You have information when Baron will be at home ?

View attachment 178873 View attachment 178874 Hello everyone, here is a new member from Finland!
Here's a couple of pictures of my car, " The Old War Horse ", -66 300 whit 440 / 727 , I have owned it for something 30 years. And now I can tell the secret....Yes, this frog really went to Europe as the big brother of this car!View attachment 178875
Yes I know, there is a lot to be done, but, I still like that "Ferry".
...and I promise to give her a good home!

Regards from Finland to all,
Mika
Your '66 300 is very nice! I like the color combination.

Yes, it`s looks like very clean Duster! Did You put her into an some kind of "acid bath" because that is so glossy and clean? It does not look like a sand blasted
So...do You have information when Baron will be at home ?

Glassbeaded + grid80 sanding.

Nice work you have going there. Did you end up restoring the Duster. We would like to see more photos of your work or the cars you have been working on during the 10 years.
Before and after. Took 7 years.

pprtalvi.jpg

pprcuda2015.jpg

Duster is not restored, but mini tubbed etc. It's going to be 1970's style street machine with old school 440.

dusterpohjamaalaus2.jpg

dusterkeppi.jpg

dustermustapohja2.jpg

dusterfrontwheels.jpg

dusterkeulaa.jpg

Would you post a few pic’s of your son’s ’70 NYer? (He sold it, didn’t he?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back