NOT MINE 1969 Newport & 300 coupes $9750-16500 Ohio

PH27L7

Reaction score
Saw this in latest Hemmings hard copy. No pics online that I can find. Might be worth looking into for someone. If the 400 is actually a 440 then it would be a really unusual car.

hemmings.JPG

seller got back to me ... both these cars are long gone.

Seemed like a nice fellar though. not a FCBO member tho. I asked him to check us out.

he still has a 70 300 vert .. I asked if he could let me see a pic of the '70, as well as what we missed on the '69's.

we'll see.

1970 ‘vert — get the tag pls!

was the ‘69 engine a 440 or a transplant ?

he said 69 newp was a factory 440 .. i asked for the tag of course on that one.

I will try for the tags on ALL three cars if he is willing. i get the impression the 70 is for sale .. but not sure.

he wanted to correspond by email first .. a conversation would be better so i am shooting for that too.

will keep us interested parties posted.

anybody interested in contacting him can of course. I am UNLIKELY to be a buyer on the 70 IF its for sale.

Oooo, the elusive Newport 440.
i hope brother ... this guy seems to know his mopars but even well intentioned folks have been fooled by pie tins.

tag/VIN ... important clues as to how that Newp came into the world. we shall see.

:thumbsup:

i hope brother ... this guy seems to know his mopars but even well intentioned folks have been fooled by pie tins.

tag/VIN ... important clues as to how that Newp came into the world. we shall see.

:thumbsup:
Was the Newport 440 exclusive to '70 or do you think it started in '69?

I believe it to be .. an A67 car .. is 1970 only.

However, I do NOT know if a Newp (given its price class in the Plymouth lineup UNDER the New Yorker and 300) could get either 440 (regular or "HP") was offered in it in 1969?

Never checked that. Its surely engineered into the platform in 1969, and its was the wild west with the things that could get outta the factory back then.

Somebody here knows I am sure --- I have been fixated on finding he 1970 Newp 440, A67 model.

Maybe I have let a '69 TNT Newp get by me being too narrowly focused (I wanted that 440 badge on fender)?

FROM the 1969 Deaker Brochure ... says the "HP" 440 (using cam profile as differentiator) was an option in the Newp and others (not the wagon tho) but the "regular" mill that was standard in the 300/New Yorker was NOT available in Newps?

UntitledEE2ccc1292.png

Last edited:
FROM the 1969 Deaker Brochure ... says the "HP" 440 (using cam profile as differentiator) was an option in the Newp and others (not the wagon tho) but the "regular" mill that was standard in the 300/New Yorker was NOT available in Newps?

View attachment 516899

Here is the sales brochure, courtesy of @ceebuddy 's wonderful fuselage site:

1645641828085.png

The next page (p.24) of the same sales brochure clearly states that the TNT was the sole 440 option for the Newport Custom:

1645642488147.png

Bottom line: @amazinblue82, it seems that your hunting field has just expanded !

Last edited:
Dang brother ...now I gotta find a '69 Newp TNT too.

You know I am trying to retire right. :poke:

Seller is a long time 300 Letter Car Club member, he knows his Mopars.

I get the impression the 70 is for sale .. but not sure.

he wanted to correspond by email first .. a conversation would be better so i am shooting for that too.

will keep us interested parties posted.

anybody interested in contacting him can of course. I am UNLIKELY to be a buyer on the 70 IF its for sale.
@amazinblue82 -- did any info ever percolate about the 1970 300 'vert in Ohio? Was it red, by any chance? @67newport

@amazinblue82 -- did any info ever percolate about the 1970 300 'vert in Ohio? Was it red, by any chance?
no sir, nothing came of it.

I have a pretty good attention span, BUT i coulda (and have) missed things. Plus, too much crap happens all around me, so I really don't chase after too many things. .. so I could be the issue.

I know a few people here are very interested in 70 Verts. I asked for VIN on that, where the 70 Vert was listed, and would he consider posting it here. Again, those questions went unanswered. Ain't dissin the man .. just the facts.

I'lll try to reach him again.

btw, at post #13, @hergfest seemed to know him at least by reputation ..maybe he could help us, or anybody here who is a "300 Letter Car Club" member?

Last edited:
i would like to know more on the 70 vert
@amazinblue82 -- did any info ever percolate about the 1970 300 'vert in Ohio? Was it red, by any chance? @67newport

seller returned an email today 11/28.

he indicated '70 vert is sold. went to Great Lakes area. didnt say when it was sold, but musta been between Feb 2022 and today (though I am not exactly sure the date of the ad in post #1 above - meaning dunno how long it was in Hemmings)

Polite reply, as always, but no other information/pics on any of the three cars was provided. I did not press him for that info.

Last edited:
Back