NOT MINE 1970 Chrysler 300 *T code 440* Nebraska

Excellent eye! I noticed the new bolt. Chalk that one up to u joint replacement, someone lost one of the originals.
You also need to remove that brace to access the inner seat bolts on bucket seat cars in order to remove the seats. The seats were probably out at one point to replace the original loop type carpeting with the cut pile carpeting found in it now (as seen on the other site's photos).

35-50.jpg

Last edited:
Nah, what fun would that be? Although, I am getting $3500 for may parts car….
From what I’ve seen, I actually think $3,500 may be the new standard price.

I'm betting the sale price isn't due to 'economy' vs an A-B-E.
I would bet that the winning bidder, and the #2 horse, did not realize this car was damaged and is still bent.

And the new owner might not realize it until they've waxed it a few times, might notice some things don't line up, and get out the tape measure.
If they notice it upon pickup - well, it was all there in the sheetmetal photos, if seller didn't really know it was still bent, and buyer didn't notice what was visible in the photos, IMO it's buyers remorse, not buyers release. Seller is not obligated to be an expert to sell their item - seller should educate him/herself.

And more upward bends here, too. Might be from a floor jack - might not.
View attachment 574377
The bent core support also stood out. But I checked pics of a couple other 69-73 and they were also bent, including last one I owned. Maybe its commonly misused as a jacking point.

From what I’ve seen, I actually think $3,500 may be the new standard price.
@saforwardlook said recently it was more important to him to restore a car, versus what it would sell for (paraphrasing), so I told him I'd bring the standard $2500 to his house and pick something out.

He hasn't replied yet, so I guess I'll get $3500 in an envelope and visit you instead? :)

@saforwardlook said recently it was more important to him to restore a car, versus what it would sell for (paraphrasing), so I told him I'd bring the standard $2500 to his house and pick something out.

He hasn't replied yet, so I guess I'll get $3500 in an envelope and visit you instead? :)
You’re getting as bad as @Ripinator :lol:

I already have persons lined up to buy most of my cars, unsolicited. IF I was to decide to sell one, I would choose between who would make the best caretakers and who provides the top bid and who was first to inquire among other considerations. What I really was trying to say is that what matters most to me is that I am pleased with the restoration efforts and what I can sell it for is really far down on the list of importance. I probably would not sell most of my cars anytime soon, with a few exceptions to some folks I already have agreements with, until I am needing to thin things out when my time comes near to exit this world, so as not to burden my trustee with the ensuing mess any more than necessary. He has most of my list already although some updates are necessary. Folks that like to do burnouts probably would not be considered............................:stop:

Last edited:
I already have persons lined up to buy most of my cars, unsolicited. IF I was to decide to sell one, I would choose between who would make the best caretakers and who provides the top bid and who was first to inquire among other considerations. What I really was trying to say is that what matters most to me is that I am pleased with the restoration efforts and what I can sell it for is really far down on the list of importance. I probably would not sell most of my cars anytime soon, with a few exceptions to some folks I already have agreements with, until I am needing to thin things out when my time comes near to exit this world, so as not to burden my trustee with the ensuing mess any more than necessary. He has most of my list already although some updates are necessary. Folks that like to do burnouts probably would not be considered............................:stop:
That's a car-guy's version of 'I wouldn't sleep with you if you were the last guy on earth'! :rofl:

Did the car roll of the assembly line with any clamps on the rubber balloon seal? I don't think so... so why would anyone need a clamp?
There should be tons of NOS & Re-pop seals around, why not just replace them?

Because you have to pull the torsion bar to replace the boot. Lot of effort for a ripped boot. I have seen worse… but not for 20 grand.

Because you have to pull the torsion bar to replace the boot. Lot of effort for a ripped boot. I have seen worse… but not for 20 grand.
It's not that hard for a right mechanic (NOT TECH :poke:).
Put it up on the lift, measure the torsion bar bolt distance, impact wrench the bolt to back it off, tappy tap tap, back the bar back then down and out, replace seal and go backwards.
Simple R & R. ooops 50 year old rust in one... heh learn to deal with it as a good old friend of mine that worked in the Marine Industry said "Heat & Beat".

Heck to do it all right you will spend more time checking the ride height after it was all said and done.

It's not that hard for a right mechanic (NOT TECH :poke:).
Yes, but call around town and let us know how many of those mechanics you find?

I've done 2 sets of T-bars - 1 set was relatively easy as you described, the other was a MF.
I personally will never be so caught up with projects that I would have time to pull a bar just to replace a boot. I know I'm not the only guy like that.

What has happened to C body prices??? The dealer asking price of almost $20K seems too low for such a nice car. Maybe it is because it has the Auto-temp 1 system?? I like the optional wheel covers though...................

If 40K miles original, it seems like a good buy .....................
I have that auto temp junk in mine. Havent got around to see why it doesnt work yet.

@ayilar
Better save that listing quick, it ended Jan 3, I'm surprised the listing hasn't gone 'We've Looked Everywhere.' yet.
Could you send / post the link? For whatever reason I cannot find it

Back