1971 Chrysler Newport Custom 383, rebuilding in Europe

Since having vapor lock under specific and stressed conditions this year from the new fuel type in Poland, i opted for a custom solution (however i do prefer to have everything factory stock).

Mounted an electric fuel pump (for a John Deere) - 7psi output and similar flow as mechanical. It has been placed near the rear right hand side wheel, with a custom made splash shield. The fuel goes through a fuel pressure guage and then through insulated metal tubes to the carb. The carb also got a spacer to prevent heatsoak. On the guage i have a constant fuel pressure of 6psi.

This setup proves really nice. Starting is a breeze, even after extended periods when the car has been sat. Previously i would have to crank a considerable amount, now i just turn the key, give few seconds for the pump to prime the carb, a few pumps of the pedal, and then onto cranking- it starts within a second or two.

Also when heatsoaked, and left for 10-15 minutes the engine starts almost immediately. Awesome. I wish i had done this earlier, and will definately have the same setup on my project Gremlin with an inline 6 232.

View attachment 686775

View attachment 686776

View attachment 686777
@Unix -- you may want to repost this solution in the technical section. Folks like @Imperialist67 will be interested.

Two questions, one related and the other unrelated:

1. related: do you have a ministarter? The difference when staring the car is amazing. I am a fan of originality, but that is one mod on which I am 100% sold.

2. unrelated: what engine oil do you use? @Lycidias will be interested in the answer.

@Unix -- you may want to repost this solution in the technical section. Folks like @Imperialist67 will be interested.

Two questions, one related and the other unrelated:

1. related: do you have a ministarter? The difference when staring the car is amazing. I am a fan of originality, but that is one mod on which I am 100% sold.

2. unrelated: what engine oil do you use? @Lycidias will be interested in the answer.

Hey,

1. no. I have the original bone stock starter. Cranks just fine, but i did notice that this year it has a slowed cranking speed (the battery is 2 years old) when the engine is hot. It might be on its last legs, so i am thinking of a ministarter in the near future. Any specific one you would recommend ?

2. i use this type: https://allegro.pl/oferta/amsoil-premium-protection-motor-oil-10w40-3-8-amo-6111168776

Hey,

1. no. I have the original bone stock starter. Cranks just fine, but i did notice that this year it has a slowed cranking speed (the battery is 2 years old) when the engine is hot. It might be on its last legs, so i am thinking of a ministarter in the near future. Any specific one you would recommend ?

2. i use this type: https://allegro.pl/oferta/amsoil-premium-protection-motor-oil-10w40-3-8-amo-6111168776
Search results for query: Medina mini

Different ones on different cars. Make sure to get the adapter.

Back