NOT MINE 1972 Dodge Monaco Three-Row Station Wagon - $28,500 - Sidney, British Columbia, Canada

T-revorNobody

Reaction score
At the time of posting, this CL listing is 11 days old.

1972 Dodge Monaco Three-Row Station Wagon - $28,500 - Sidney, British Columbia, Canada

CL Description
This is a 3-owner 72' Dodge Monaco Sport Wagon.
It comes with the Original Warranty card, Factory owner's Manual and Operating Manual. As well as the Original Sales Brochure and Optional Equipment Brochure.
I have the Original Build Sheet from under the seat, and a file folder with bills and receipts. It has two build tags on the rad support ( see them in photos).
It has only 106,000 miles on the odometer and was refinished about 20 years ago in ( GF3 ) Light Green Metallic. The interior was just redone with Factory Green Elk and Green Coachman Vinyl from SMS auto fabric and upholstery.
-The driveline is original and unmolested 360 with a, 727 Torque Flight Transmission, HD rear axle.
-This car was factory-equipped with power steering, power disc brakes, power rear window, hidden headlights, roof rack, roof spoiler, and rear-facing seat in the third row. The factory AM radio still works and has the optional rear speakers. The Magnum 500 wheels with spinners are 17" and make the car stand out anywhere you go. I just installed 2-1/2" TTI exhaust and Flowmaster mufflers, along with electronic ignition, MSD plug wires, and coil. The engine just had a full oil change and filter, the transmission was just serviced as well including the filter and gasket. All dash gauges function as they should, I replaced the dash voltage regulator, fuel sending unit, and temp sending unit.
The car runs and drives excellent and is great on long cruises. The paint shines and shows well, I detailed the underside of the hood and a few other areas. I left the motor as is because it doesn't burn any oil the valve cover gasket stopped what leak I could find.

You will look long and hard to find another. The car is located in Sidney B.C. and insured to drive anywhere. We are about 10 minutes from the ferry. Bring a trailer, or bring your plates and drive home a Collector.
More pictures available, on request.Collector plate eligible.

00E0E_kL3kuW3bHKV_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
01515_30PdlADAlak_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00H0H_arUDXNJIejc_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00S0S_kBIpBYtvhpt_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00808_82a4XszzgZ1_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00303_4P7Luw03R5j_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg
00d0d_6jDHfzVaJWk_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00707_lDAXeF1X1DI_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00c0c_bqpfpDoMlYq_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

00o0o_4U7Py1nu1GG_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

This car was mentioned here in August last year:

This car was mentioned here in August last year:

AND this flipper is doubling the asking price.

DP46K2D244460 (Edit: see here for all the prior discussions of this nice car).

Last edited:
i know the owner who sold to the flipper.
i believe he sold it for 12K cdn$
Thank you for sharing this info. Shocking for a dear that seems to be in such good shape.

The front seats is not why it wasn't selling.. At 28 grand or 12 grand it's still a small block green on green wagon.
Ever since owning a Polara triple pickle, green has started to grow on me. That said, im in the minority according to how long these clean green machines take to sell ie,the clean 69 Polara in Lima Ohio

It grows on you like a moss.
I love the car, never wanna own it BECAUSE it was green. If that had been brown, blue, yellow, orange, black, red, Ida bought it .

It shouldn't bother me, as it will not affect me, but I hate to see a wagon with rear-dump tailpipes.
Appears the current owner did that.

So much green hate! Green is my favourite colour on a car, inside and out! I admit that the "pea moss" shade of this wagon's interior isn't as nice as the dark jade in my Cougar, but still, gotta like the variety over the boring black/grey/tan that infests most new cars (and even most restorations of old cars).

Anyone else tired of the "mags on wagons" thing? These wheels do look pretty good, but the whole "muscle wagon" vibe is just way too overdone. People need to accept that wagons were people/stuff haulers and respect them as such. The great variety of factory wheels and wheel covers gets lost in the modern world, where everyone puts Cragar, Torq Thrust or other generic-looking mags on everything.

After you get more of them, with no explanation of what they might be disagreeing with, you'll realize it's someone saying your opinion is wrong.

After you get more of them, with no explanation of what they might be disagreeing with, you'll realize it's someone saying your opinion is wrong.
I've been on on-line car forums for over 25 years; getting a little "X" is probably the nicest way someone's ever said they disagree with me, so I ain't mad! :)

Anyone else tired of the "mags on wagons" thing?
Absolutely not.
Cragar, Torq Thrust
I have both on separate cars. They are a timeless wheel, and look good on almost anything you put them on.

While I like some wheel covers, I just don't have much desire to use them on my cars, except for one, my Canadian Monaco, it deserves to be shown with them. Until I put mags on for regular driving duty, but I'm not there yet.

Last edited:
Absolutely not.

I have both on separate cars. They are a timeless wheel, and look good in almost anything you put them on.

While I like some wheel covers, I just don't have much desire to use them on my cars, except for one, my Canadian Monaco, it deserves to show with them. Until I out mags on for regular driving duty, but I'm not there yet.
Timeless, yes, but also ubiquitous. They just give me the vibe that the owner couldn't be bothered to source the correct factory wheel/wheel covers, so they went with the easiest off-the-shelf solution. Or that the owner really wanted a muscle car but got what they could and tried to make it look like one. I know that neither scenario is always, or even usually, the case, that's just my "go to" reaction when I see them on especially post-muscle '70s cars.

Back