1973 Fury 1 with 225 slant six engine

I can't remember seeing any old Mopar taxis. I don't know about valuable, but certainly novel.
Ever get into the big city much?

Dodge_Polara_and_other_Yellow_Cabs_in_1973_(NYC).jpg

I'm hoping its very valuable....No I'm to much of a realist to think that. Its not a Hemi Cuda, its a 4-door Fury. I mostly want to know how rare it is and are there any more out there.
Its rare. You would be hard pressed to find another 1973 /6 Fury that was pressed into taxi service originally. It's not any more valuable than any other '73 Fury in the same condition as yours... possibly less with the wheezing "leaning tower of power" moving it along.. None the less, we are in full support of YOUR enjoyment of it.

Detroit used probably 80% B-body taxicabs through the 1970s. I suspect they would use any four-door B-body they could find, paint it green, and run it into the ground.

The car is in storage. I do have the data plate on my desk. I've been decoding it. Below is what I found.

Its a Taxi.....I think these are the codes for Taxi (PT41) which are on the plate
E25 Special Order 6 cyl H.D. 145 HP
F58 RR C/Member reinforcement welds
F41 ???
G25 I think this is for vent windows.

It has very very plain vinyl seats and door panels.
Rubber mat floor
A chrome bar type handle on right rear door.

So there are no production numbers for 1973 Fury engines?

I'll try to upload pictures of the data plate.

I'll look up the production numbers.

PT41 total build 2326

PT41 6cyl 1065
PT41 8cyl 1258

Looks like 3 cars were not sold when the o/a report was prepared.
Thanks Kevin. Getting these numbers is much appreciated. I didn't think I was ever going to know how many were made. Would you have any production numbers on how many Satellite taxis were made. My thinking is because Satellites were a cheaper car they would have sold more Satellite taxis than Fury taxis. But I could be wrong in assuming this.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where I can find the broadcast sheet. I may have some time to look for it tomorrow morning. Thanks

I'd love to see pics of it! Very rare, I never even new the 6 was available in a Fury I. Very cool...I hope you enjoy it!
My dad's first Plymouth was a 73 Fury I that had the 318. We lovingly called it the taxi cab... not realizing they actually made a /6 version lol.

Wish you all the best with it.
Get us some pics dammit! LOL

Does anyone know where I can find the broadcast sheet. I may have some time to look for it tomorrow morning. Thanks
Under (inside the springs- check top and bottom) the backseat, behind the glovebox, and under the console are the best places to look.

Under (inside the springs- check top and bottom) the backseat, behind the glovebox, and under the console are the best places to look.
Thanks, hopefully I'll find it. Are all the options ordered on the under hood data plate or would more options be listed on the broadcast sheet?

Back