1973 Fury 1 with 225 slant six engine

Thanks, hopefully I'll find it. Are all the options ordered on the under hood data plate or would more options be listed on the broadcast sheet?

Think of the broadcast sheet as the blueprints to your car. The Broadcast sheet will, probably, have the options that were ordered on the car, sub assembly numbers, part numbers used and some administrative things.

All of the info can't fit on a fender tags. Fender tags, generally, list paint, trim, engine, transmission, and items that needed to have a hole punched out somewhere on the body, like a radio, turn signals on fenders or items requiring body modifications like A/C. What was coded, when it was coded and even where it was coded on the tag varies by plant and by year.

Thanks Kevin. Getting these numbers is much appreciated. I didn't think I was ever going to know how many were made. Would you have any production numbers on how many Satellite taxis were made. My thinking is because Satellites were a cheaper car they would have sold more Satellite taxis than Fury taxis. But I could be wrong in assuming this.

I didn't look up the engine breakdown on '73 Satellite taxis, but there were 2397 built, only slightly more than the Furys. I would expect the engine breakdown to be similar, or possible higher for the /6.

73FuryL.jpg
73FuryO.jpg

Wow! That's as Spartan as you can get! Nice score. The car looks in great shape and very clean. Good luck with it. Can't wait to see some engine pics and the info on the line sheet.

Very nice shape hmmm vinyl roof on a taxi?
Vinyl top and full length side moldings are not original. They were added at some point. This is what the broadcast sheet states. BODY PAINT EW1, ROOF-PNT / STYLE TOP EW1. W1 is Spinnake White. I'm assuming the top was added to cover the hole in the roof for the TAXI light. I can feel the hole in the roof. Its 16 inches from the windshield and 4 inches to the right of center as stated in the 73 fleet data book.

Soooooooo.......
What are you going to do with it??
It belongs to me and a friend of mine. Change fluids and get it running. Then we're going to clean it. Then we need to deal with getting it on the road. Then put in a gas tank and rebuild the brakes. At some point we will remove the none original top and side moldings. For the most part we're going to drive it on the weekends and not do anything major to it in terms of restoration. Needless to say we're going to bring it back to original stock condition and keep it that way.

Think of the broadcast sheet as the blueprints to your car. The Broadcast sheet will, probably, have the options that were ordered on the car, sub assembly numbers, part numbers used and some administrative things.

All of the info can't fit on a fender tags. Fender tags, generally, list paint, trim, engine, transmission, and items that needed to have a hole punched out somewhere on the body, like a radio, turn signals on fenders or items requiring body modifications like A/C. What was coded, when it was coded and even where it was coded on the tag varies by plant and by year.

Can't speak to "C" body cars, but the last generation of "A" body cars had different firewalls if the car had A/C or not.

I'm trying to determine what this car has for options. To the best of my knowledge remote control drivers side mirror, vent windows and rear defog are all options. F58 rear cross member reinforcement welds is part of the Taxi package??? Everything else on this car came standard with Taxi package. HD suspension, power disc brakes, HD vinyl seats, rubber mat floor, right rear door pull handle. etc etc etc.

Back