3 forward looks @ cars on the square

sb61fury

Reaction score
I went to the car show in Athens I had a awesome time I didn’t win but the show only gives out 1 trophy but there is no judging on the cars

IMG_0458.jpeg

IMG_0460.jpeg

IMG_0482.jpeg

IMG_0481.jpeg

IMG_0459.jpeg

The '55-'56 cars looked good, but the '57s just were so far ahead of anything anybody else was doing it was not funny. A shame that also coincided with other issues on them. Still, I recall an interview with Dave Hols, a GM stylist back then, who said that when the '57 Chryslers hit the holding yard, all of the GM guys were hanging on the fence, drooling. Then he said they went back to their studio and got to work on cars which would be competitive with them, as to styling and such.

When the '57s were in the showroom, I was in kindergarten. Now, in my advancing age, that era of Chrysler product is really looking good to me. We had a new '56 Plymouth Savoy 4dr sedan, back then. Their many attributes in styling and engineering, some of which can be modernized without hurting things, "incognito". So great to look at and experience. Some great ones are on the Charles Phoenix "Test Drive" YouTube videos.

I never did like the way the hvac system is hung on the firewall, relating to hose routings. Or until recently, understand the separate power brake booster and master cyl. It was a transitionary time, though.

Thanks for posting the pictures,
CBODY67

Back