65 New Yorker, first project car

I have a 66 Newport and at a minimum would like to get a dual master cylinder. Any suggestions, the car has a single chamber, power drums.
I've done this conversion a few times now.

The drum brake MC fits a bunch of cars and as said, a listing for a '67 Chrysler with drum brakes will get you what you want. As said, it bolts right up.

As @Scoopy G mentioned, Inline Tube has a distribution block that will work very well. I'll take it a step farther and suggest looking at this: 1965-66 Dodge C-Body Dual Master Conversion M/C Lines w/Block, OE Steel I suggest this as it will have all the correct fittings for the MC. It's a little pricey, but it might save some work and searching for the correct MC fittings.

A couple things... First, remember that the front half of the new MC goes to the rear brakes and rear half to the front brakes. I'd suggest replacing all three rubber brake lines if it hasn't already been done and if you are ever thinking of going to DOT5 silicone brake fluid, this is a good time to do that. I'd at least flush the old fluid. Also, if you have the factory Auto Pilot (cruise control), the new MC will interfere with it.

Last edited:
Back