66 300 Disc Conversion

As has been noted in many other threads, the "best" kit is getting the full "kit" off of an OEM Chrysler Corp vehicle with factory disc brakes on it. Booster included, then get it rebuilt at "Booster Steve" www.powerbrakebooster.com . Also rebuilding the components, too.

Initially, I liked "Scarebird", as it sourced things from auto supplies rather than the salvage yard. But as time progresses, auto supply brands can discontinue items as they desire, due to lower sales volumes, which then requires salvage yard items anyway.

Wilwood offers "longevity in the market" and ready availability of new items, should they be needed in future years. Which can be a plus over, even, OEM parts (as rotors) from auto supply brands.

What the OEM systems offer is ROBUSTNESS of design, which few aftermarket "kits" seem to match. Plus "factory engineered" valving to balance the front and rear braking systems, without extra valving that must be fine-tuned to your application, once installed.

See the "Similar threads" section below.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Thank
As has been noted in many other threads, the "best" kit is getting the full "kit" off of an OEM Chrysler Corp vehicle with factory disc brakes on it. Booster included, then get it rebuilt at "Booster Steve" www.powerbrakebooster.com . Also rebuilding the components, too.

Initially, I liked "Scarebird", as it sourced things from auto supplies rather than the salvage yard. But as time progresses, auto supply brands can discontinue items as they desire, due to lower sales volumes, which then requires salvage yard items anyway.

Wilwood offers "longevity in the market" and ready availability of new items, should they be needed in future years. Which can be a plus over, even, OEM parts (as rotors) from auto supply brands.

What the OEM systems offer is ROBUSTNESS of design, which few aftermarket "kits" seem to match. Plus "factory engineered" valving to balance the front and rear braking systems, without extra valving that must be fine-tuned to your application, once installed.

See the "Similar threads" section below.

Enjoy!
CBODY67
Thank you.

Now that you've started this thread, if you scroll all the way down you'll see 4 threads on disc brakes. I would check those out and see if they answer any of your questions.

Jeff

Just in case it's not covered in the other discussions. I believe that if you have 14" rims and want to keep them, you're only choice will be the Scarebird kit.

Jeff

Just in case it's not covered in the other discussions. I believe that if you have 14" rims and want to keep them, you're only choice will be the Scarebird kit.

Jeff
Wilwood has a 14” kit. Will it not work?

Anybody know the rear offset? 2.36 or 2.50?

Back