66 Chrysler 300 440 TNT first restauration

REBELLE 300

Reaction score
hello guys this is my first restauration project will keep as much original as I can but will change Color will need loads of advice over time so will be posting here are some pictures of were it is now
. Probleme i See right away ;transmission leaking , no brake pedal, A/c not working , antenna motor not working Etc etc lol

IMG_4793.JPG

IMG_4794.JPG

IMG_4795.JPG

IMG_4796.JPG

IMG_4797.JPG

IMG_4798.JPG

IMG_4799.JPG

IMG_4800.JPG

IMG_4801.JPG

IMG_4802.JPG

@Ripinator would love to have your thought on it ? and were you think I should start. also if you know a place whit good tutorials like a you tube Chanel maybe . thanks for your help

@Ripinator would love to have your thought on it ? and were you think I should start. also if you know a place whit good tutorials like a you tube Chanel maybe . thanks for your help

The big thing regarding where to start with getting an old car up to snuff is to start with the safety-related items. This includes brakes and after that, get the car to run reliably with a comprehensive tune-up, decent tires, etc. Your car looks like it is in pretty decent shape, but off the top of my head, it needs a dual master cylinder upgrade. Check with Inline Tube and RockAuto for the parts you need: '68 power drum master cylinder and hard brake line distribution block kit. Here are a couple of links:

1965-66 Dodge C-Body Dual Master Conversion M/C Lines w/Block, OE Steel

1968 CHRYSLER 300 7.2L 440cid V8 Master Cylinder | RockAuto

Get the Raybestos master cylinder. . .

The big thing regarding where to start with getting an old car up to snuff is to start with the safety-related items. This includes brakes and after that, get the car to run reliably with a comprehensive tune-up, decent tires, etc. Your car looks like it is in pretty decent shape, but off the top of my head, it needs a dual master cylinder upgrade. Check with Inline Tube and RockAuto for the parts you need: '68 power drum master cylinder and hard brake line distribution block kit. Here are a couple of links:

Thanks for the great information will check them out

Car looks very nice!

Brakes, safety-related items, and reliability should be "first". Which CAN also include new rubber fuel line sections, between the tank sending unit and the carburetor. Which would be three sections to the fuel pump and then add in the fuel filter parts, too. Modern fuels cause problems with the older rubber lines, from the inside out.

For a longer-term situation, you might also consider replacing the existing a/c compressor with a Sanden unit. Lighter weight, less power, cools well.

A nice car with some neat options,
CBODY67

Car looks very nice!

Brakes, safety-related items, and reliability should be "first". Which CAN also include new rubber fuel line sections, between the tank sending unit and the carburetor. Which would be three sections to the fuel pump and then add in the fuel filter parts, too. Modern fuels cause problems with the older rubber lines, from the inside out.

For a longer-term situation, you might also consider replacing the existing a/c compressor with a Sanden unit. Lighter weight, less power, cools well.

A nice car with some neat options,
CBODY67
thanks you very much @CBODY67 for some great advice will put all this in the works

Good starting point. A friend had a blue with white interior console version. It was looking good like that, and no hassles of black.

Just purchase the 2 parts can’t wait to get good brakes

hello guys this is my first restauration project will keep as much original as I can but will change Color will need loads of advice over time so will be posting here are some pictures of were it is now
. Probleme i See right away ;transmission leaking , no brake pedal, A/c not working , antenna motor not working Etc etc lol
Nice car, I like it.

If you swap out that master cylinder, save the old one!! That extension on the top of the one on the car is for added capacity for the disc brakes and is hard to find.

Trans leak is probably the shifter seal. They mimic a pan leak because it drips down. I suggest a look at this thread. TF 727 "How To" shift lever seal replacement and use the Chrysler trans pan gasket PN# 02464324AD if you have the pan off

A/C could be anything... Since that's a add-on knee knocker, you might want to look at a rotary Sanden (or Sanden clone) compressor.

I have to comment on the color change. Full disclosure, I love black cars and I also have sworn off them for the sake of my sanity. Ever own a black car? The upkeep is insane. You might as well keep a microfiber towel and detail spray handy at all times. I would bet you guys get a lot of that same yellow pollen that we get here (I'm near Syracuse, NY) and you can start at one end of the car, get it all wiped down and then the pollen makes it a mess before you can put your detail stuff away. A color change to black is also going to be expensive if done correctly. I'll bet $20K USD for a good job. I still love black cars though...

Since this is you first restoration, that car doesn't look like it needs much. My advice FWIW.... Get the brakes working and whatever it need to be safe and then drive it a while. Have some fun with it first. Then take on small tasks that won't take it off the road for more than a day. You'll be much happier with a driving car that might not be quite perfect than you will with a car that's all apart and sitting in the garage.

Nice car, I like it.

If you swap out that master cylinder, save the old one!! That extension on the top of the one on the car is for added capacity for the disc brakes and is hard to find.

Trans leak is probably the shifter seal. They mimic a pan leak because it drips down. I suggest a look at this thread. TF 727 "How To" shift lever seal replacement and use the Chrysler trans pan gasket PN# 02464324AD if you have the pan off

A/C could be anything... Since that's a add-on knee knocker, you might want to look at a rotary Sanden (or Sanden clone) compressor.

I have to comment on the color change. Full disclosure, I love black cars and I also have sworn off them for the sake of my sanity. Ever own a black car? The upkeep is insane. You might as well keep a microfiber towel and detail spray handy at all times. I would bet you guys get a lot of that same yellow pollen that we get here (I'm near Syracuse, NY) and you can start at one end of the car, get it all wiped down and then the pollen makes it a mess before you can put your detail stuff away. A color change to black is also going to be expensive if done correctly. I'll bet $20K USD for a good job. I still love black cars though...

Since this is you first restoration, that car doesn't look like it needs much. My advice FWIW.... Get the brakes working and whatever it need to be safe and then drive it a while. Have some fun with it first. Then take on small tasks that won't take it off the road for more than a day. You'll be much happier with a driving car that might not be quite perfect than you will with a car that's all apart and sitting in the garage.
thanks a lot @Big_John really appreciate all the great infos here is what I have purchase for the brakes

MC36221_ANG.jpg

download.jpg

That's a drum brake master cylinder. Get one for disc brakes. Larger reservoir for the front brakes.

I don't think you need a repaint, get a good paint correction done. Thats is a real beauty. Do all the mechanical sorting, Engine super tune, suspension and steering, good shocks like Bilstein and KYb, Larger front sway bar from FIrm Feel will give a great road feel improvement and still look stock. But before tearing it down I'd sort it and enjoy it a while so you get to know the car. If you want to do a tear down resto get one in worse shape.

Back