66 fury III 2 door hardtop needs a front end

Is the paint on the car good? It looks to have a kind of wavy look or is it just the picture? The picture is the one of the trunk shot where the lights are shinning on it. It looks like it's not smooth,..almost like plastic coated? BTW, I want your rear bumper..LOL. Car looks great though. It's gonna look badass when it's done. I cant wait to start on my body work. Everything else is done on mine. Well sort of.

The paint is decent. It isn't a show car by any means but it looks really good. The car itself is really dirty. We have been welding and sanding right next to it. We also bought it from a guy that was keeping it outside in the rain. The day I bought it, it was pouring. There are some spots that need fixed, and they are mostly on the front doors. Luckily we have to blend the paint in on the front doors so they will get taken care of. I would rate the paint as a 7 out of 10. Others might rate it worse.

Got two coats on the radiator support, tray, and hood bracket. I got one coat on misc hardware, inner wheel well, and drive side fender. I plan on finishing all that tonight and hopefully we can get the dent out of the front corner of the passenger fender and piece cut off the parts car. If all goes well I am about 2 weeks out. I hope so because my wife wants to take it to a local festival.

I am a bit PO'd right now. I needed a new radiator so I ordered the same one that was on the car when I bought it. Well the VIP parts car had a 26in radiator in it and the radiator support is also different to fit the 26". So if you know anyone that needs the smaller aluminum radiator let me know.

The more we dig in to repair the damage the more we find we need to repair. The passenger side in the front was pretty rusted out. Luckily we have a solid parts car to cut pieces from.

So onto my question:

How do I unbolt the whole heater assembly from under the dash? I need to drop it out so we can weld up the firewall and not melt the heater away. I have the manual and it wasn't completely helpful. Do I need to remove the whole dash for this?

For those interested, there were 3 bolts on the outside of the firewall Just undo the duct work and loosen those bolts. You can then pull the heating unit off the firewall.

Here is some progress. The bottom picture is how I think I want to do the paint job. Black out the top and leave green on the bottom.

Spray the hood matte black and leave the rest green. it will look good that way.

I am just looking to break up the green. I love it but it is just too much.

aar-cuda_hood1.jpg

I agree, spray the hood matte black and the top of the front fenders just like they did with the Cuda. I think it would look killer, but please don't put wheels on it like that. Why the hell people would don't that is beyond me. Fail of a perfectly nice car. I really like this hood scoop too and everything about this 66. Car looks badass! The scoop would look great on your car with the matte hood.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y7EJ4wxxtg

Back