66 fury III 2 door hardtop needs a front end

I purchased a similar hoodscoop to put on the car. Once we get this welding completed we will finally get back to doing the last remaining body work. I got the correct size radiator in yesterday and put it on the radiator support. I hung the passenger fender as well just to see it. I need to get a new radiator hose for the top as it routed to the driver side originally.

I agree, spray the hood matte black and the top of the front fenders just like they did with the Cuda. I think it would look killer, but please don't put wheels on it like that. Why the hell people would don't that is beyond me. Fail of a perfectly nice car. I really like this hood scoop too and everything about this 66. Car looks badass! The scoop would look great on your car with the matte hood.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y7EJ4wxxtg

That there is a Fury that runs in the 11s. Awesome.

Chip Foose ain't got nothing on me!!

Ok, so that might be an exaggeration. Here are the two paint options I was looking at. I didn't do one of just the hood being black.

68plymouth383 hit it on the head. Looks great!! Dammit, I gotta get crackin on my 66 body work.

68plymouth383, you know Dana? Friend of yours? Man that car is fast as hell for a C Body. He has the right combo. I'm going to be taking mine to Atco in a few weeks. We are hoping for 12.20s or mid 12's. We'll see!

The main reason I don't like just the black hood is that it almost looks like I tore up my hood and found a black fury's to replace it with.

Well, I stand corrected. All my respected facebook friends and wife are on board with the black hood. I am seeing what they think of the matte black now. Now we just have to get the damn thing finished and then get the paint on it!

I feel like this car is like the movie money pit. Everyone asks me how much longer and I keep saying, "2 weeks". It was about 2 weeks 3 weeks ago.

Well, I stand corrected. All my respected facebook friends and wife are on board with the black hood. I am seeing what they think of the matte black now. Now we just have to get the damn thing finished and then get the paint on it!

I feel like this car is like the movie money pit. Everyone asks me how much longer and I keep saying, "2 weeks". It was about 2 weeks 3 weeks ago.

No reason to be rushing it. Just tell them it's getting there, it'll be pretty soon!! One thing, you don't want to paint the hood gloss black,.it will look terrible IMO. Matte with a nice low profile scoop like the yellow car above. It's a 67 RO/WO scoop, found on Coronets and Belvedere/GTX's. Pretty expensive if you can find one. Your car is going to look great when it's done.

Nice work and welcome to the site from the Motor City if I neglected to do so up to this point.

Detmatt,

I was going through your thread on the other board with the project car you sold. I believe it was the cuda. I couldn't imagine how long that would have taken.

Things have been slow since last Weds. My body guy had some surgery done so he will be out of commish for awhile. His nephew, who I am good friends with, is a welder and he said he will help me out. I really want to learn how to weld though.

My firewall is all welded up! Just have to drill a hole for the heater mount bolt and I can get this baby primed!

Wow I haven't been here much, love your car and great progress!

Thanks,

I imagine there is a mixed reaction on this board. I will be the first to say I didn't know much about the A, B, C body style as these cars were years before my time. I think there are a lot of die hards for the original look of these cars. I appreciate the untouched cars, but I am also a person that likes some flashy stuff as well. I bought the car this way and I can't really turn it back now. I also don't really want to.

Thanks,

I imagine there is a mixed reaction on this board. I will be the first to say I didn't know much about the A, B, C body style as these cars were years before my time. I think there are a lot of die hards for the original look of these cars. I appreciate the untouched cars, but I am also a person that likes some flashy stuff as well. I bought the car this way and I can't really turn it back now. I also don't really want to.

Mine is almost done in the body shop. A previous owner thought an original BB 4 speed car would make a good drag car, I'm going resto mod, kinda like someone did with your car. Black cherry pearl is the color I chose.
Your work is lookin solid, thumbs up from me!

We are fitting body work and working on getting prepped for paint. I have a feeling I will get about 1 or 2 drives in this car before I put it away for winter.

Back