66 fury III 2 door hardtop needs a front end

Disc brakes super easy. Heck if you are doing all that brakes should be a breeze. I did all four on my 300. Fronts from ssbc and rears from performance on line. Did slotted and drilled all around. Car stops much better.

Disc brakes super easy. Heck if you are doing all that brakes should be a breeze. I did all four on my 300. Fronts from ssbc and rears from performance on line. Did slotted and drilled all around. Car stops much better.

If you don't mind me asking what kind of price? Also how do I find the new spindles that would work?

The parts car didn't want to give up her pieces so easy. There were a couple times I left something and started removing other stuff and came back. I did determine that whomever put the car I am restoring together after paint, left at least 1/4th of the bolts out. I am going to try my hand at sanding with a DA tomorrow. If that becomes a nightmare I will look for someone I can drop the parts to for some blasting. Here is the parts car now.

1410065195912.jpg1410065117626.jpgThe ssbc kit uses the drum spindles. Comes with all brackets to mount the calipers. All lines and master cylinder included. I think I paid 1200 but I upgraded 4 piston calipers and drilled and slotted rotors. Rears drilled and slotted but just single back there. I do have issues tho. They don't seem as powerful as they should. I installed a dual bendix pb booster and really helped. However I think I need a smaller diameter master cylinder to increase line pressure. That being said they are still better then the drums . Front and rear. Although I have 20" wheels I went with smaller discs so I can put my stock 14" wheels on for shows. Maybe with the smaller wheels brakes would feel stronger haven't tried yet.

1410065195912.jpg

1410065117626.jpg

1410065854035.jpg

The parts car didn't want to give up her pieces so easy. There were a couple times I left something and started removing other stuff and came back. I did determine that whomever put the car I am restoring together after paint, left at least 1/4th of the bolts out. I am going to try my hand at sanding with a DA tomorrow. If that becomes a nightmare I will look for someone I can drop the parts to for some blasting. Here is the parts car now.

There are lots of guys that do portable soda blasting now and they will come right to your door.It's non-toxic so it can be done right in your yard or driveway and can probably be done in less than an hour giving you a clean factory metal finish. If you've ever seen something soda blasted it's like having something sand blasted but with a cleaner,smoother finish,almost like an NOS factory replacement panel minus the primer.Check your local craigslist under services,internet or local yellow pages for media blasting.Prices are reasonable too.

Parts are getting blasted tomorrow. Should take the guy a few hours. This project is moving fast and I love it. I posted a question on the brakes in the brake forum. My buddy is telling me to find spindles at a junk yard. I am going to need to find a replacement piece of trim on the fender on the passenger side. Also, does anyone have any tips for shining up the grill and front trim from the parts car? I know a good scrubbing will help alot.

Welcome! I really like the color of the car. You keeping it that color? It seems you'll have it back together in no time. Very cool..!!

Color will stay. I am gonna call it the screamin lima bean.

Parts are blasted. They turned out really good. There are a couple of holes the size of a pencil on the lower fender and the vent cowl. Other than that they look great. We will get those welded up and he fully get some paint on it this week.

Passenger fender is all welded up. Had to patch some rust and the holes where the trim was. I will be sanding the inside and priming it tomorrow. We will be welding the driver side tomorrow and possibly the radiator support. Once we get the welding done, we will start pulling out dents and prepping for paint. It is moving along now.

I have a complete front grill including the lower trim valance. Looks new, and I mean new. Head light
doors perfect. If your interested contact me at "mifarr2000@yahoo.com". Your car certainly looks
good even with the damage. I can get every piece of sheet metal to repair that and glass can be
had at any decent windshield shop. I replaced mine with a new unit with a shade bar in it.
Patience and some research pays off on resto's.

Driver side fender got welded while I was at work today. My neighbor came over and took care of it. He is an amazing body guy. Shocked he didn't do this for a living all on his own.

Not much got done this past weekend. It was the sternwheel fest and we took our houseboat down. Last night we got the other fender welded up and almost done welding the radiator support. I have the inside of the passenger fender primed and I got the outer shell of the passenger wheel well covered. I will be priming the inside of the driver fender tonight and finishing the wheel well. After the radiator support, we have a little more body work to take care of and them we are looking to start putting it all back together.

Got all the internal parts primed tonight. Tomorrow I start painting them black. My neighbor will finish some of the body work tomorrow and there are only a couple more things to weld. If all goes well this week I might be hanging body work this weekend and painting next week.

Back