67 Newport. What to look for?

The ride quality of the Dart is quite different compared to the C body you just sold.
The 2 Newports will have a longer wheelbase and upgraded ride quality compared to your SF.
Keep in mind the Dart is classified as a compact back in its day and will feel small again compared to any C
I bought the Dart. Plan on shopping for another C body I can work on at my leisure. The Dart will be a daily for me. Noticed a fuel leak and no fast idle when cold. Otherwise seems to be ok. The lady that had it painted it and had the carpet and seat covers replaced. Has some minor electrical issues but that is one of my fortes.

Some service records were included. Has had radiator and fuel tank replaced. Floor pans are very good. No rust underneath.

48651E61-A0BB-421C-945B-DFB72DAA48E3.jpeg

6A1DB5FA-C69B-4ECE-B4F0-38B5FAFF176E.jpeg

D694C1F1-DEB4-4042-A412-6ECE35D2D0BB.jpeg

9F2FA8DA-E1C0-4923-BABB-DD45B797372E.jpeg

D39312B2-5CA9-4DE3-8B8D-9A4CB3FAC9DC.jpeg

Congrats
Is the /6 a 170 or 225?
Better fix the fuell leak ASAP.
If the engine sounds clacky better do a valve lash adjustment. Good maintenance on a solid lifter slanty. That and oil chsnges it will run forever

You can't beat a slant six Dart for a fun daily driver. Power steering too... Didn't always see that. They do a lot of things right.

They aren't a C body, but they are still cool.

My '65 A body.

1jzPu90.jpg

Congrats
Is the /6 a 170 or 225?
Better fix the fuell leak ASAP.
If the engine sounds clacky better do a valve lash adjustment. Good maintenance on a solid lifter slanty. That and oil chsnges it will run forever
Don’t know about displacement. I will try fender tag. Ordered service manual and a carb kit last night. 1 bbl Holley carb.

Took some digging but found the pics of the 67 Newport 4dr hardtop factory buckets/floor shift.
I tried to buy this car but let it slip away.....long story to tell elsewhere...
IMG_2022.jpg

IMG_2046.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

Took some digging but found the pics of the 67 Newport 4dr hardtop factory buckets/floor shift.
I tried to buy this car but let it slip away.....long story to tell elsewhere...
View attachment 429608
View attachment 429609
View attachment 429611
That other Newport is still available. Add to your fleet? Sorry you missed one with a console.

I have been driving the Dart for a week now. Sometimes I can’t tell if it’s running when I am stopped-it’s that smooth. According to stuff in owner’s manual, it was sold by Allum Motors in Sharon, PA. Also found stuff from a 64 Studabaker in the glove box. A Daytona and has car serial #, etc. Going to contact Studabaker club and see if I can reunite the paperwork with present owner, if one exists.

That other Newport is still available. Add to your fleet? Sorry you missed one with a console.
That's OK. Pics were taken 2007 and I already started on my 68 Newport at that time.
I appreciate the offer,but we have enough cars now as it is and still need to build a garage.
Buying any car state side during the pandemic is not a good idea.
Glad to hear you are happy with the Dart. They are good cars and cheap on gas.

Last edited:

Evidently nobody in the Interior Dept squawked loudly enough on allowing that on the option sheet. There's no other woodgrain in that interior.

Evidently nobody in the Interior Dept squawked loudly enough on allowing that on the option sheet. There's no other woodgrain in that interior.
IMG_2023.jpg
IMG_2044.jpg

Car was special ordered by Bennett's Foods/Groceries here in my town. They had money and the Kingston Chrysler dealership had pull with the head office.
In another thread,built for Canada cars got woodgrained consoles.

Back