69 300 convertible

It changes every year depending how big the class gets. Last year I was in the 69-78 stock C body class. You'll want to get in touch with them and change your class if you want to be with the C's. They'll send out paperwork in June and you want it corrected before that happens.

It changes every year depending how big the class gets. Last year I was in the 69-78 stock C body class. You'll want to get in touch with them and change your class if you want to be with the C's. They'll send out paperwork in June and you want it corrected before that happens.

Called them yesterday, changed to "C body 64-78 modified". They said I could not be in "stock" b/c I made more than 3 (0r 4) changes to the car, so I would have to be in the modified class.

Thats BS...........ask for Ed, he's the event organizer, tell him you want to be in stock class and your getting no where with the Carlisle bozo's. Your car is not modified, a cam and H.P. manifolds with white letter tires and an air freshener does not make for a custom or modified car.

Thats BS...........ask for Ed, he's the event organizer, tell him you want to be in stock class and your getting no where with the Carlisle bozo's. Your car is not modified, a cam and H.P. manifolds with white letter tires and an air freshener does not make for a custom or modified car.

Yeah, I kinda felt the same way. I haven't made ANY exterior changes to the car, except for the hubcaps -- found a nice set of "Chrysler" hubcaps on ebay for $25 bucks total. I will call again to see if they will let me switch to stock.

That gets my goat......they have no idea what anything is there since most of them are just there for a pay check. They read the rules then thump their chest to make a point. Its a god damn fun field, participant ballots. How many times have guys won 1st 2nd or 3rd there with the car waaayyyy out of class yet won? Answer...........too many.:gah:

Cant tell you how many trophies Richs car won, 1st place too, C body stock. NOt that he didnt deserve it the car is one of the best restos I have ever seen. But they never made a 70 Monaco convertible, in the early years he had keystone classics on it. A 440 under the hood when it was originally a 383. Awesome car, far from stock.

There was other years a 71 Fury four door kept winning first place. His paint had sparkles in it, so people picked him. A very nice car but hardly stock..........

113633 2003  Carlisle.JPG

Is this the car from northern new jersey?

Yes, You had posted a link to a craigslist posting for the car. The ad was kind of vague and had no pictures but I was curious and followed up on it, and made a call. Glad I did...! After several conversations with the owner, who was a real stand up guy and just wanted the car in the hands of someone who would appreciate it, I bought it sight unseen and had it shipped to Alabama. A new Edelbrock carb and it runs like a clock. Everything works except the A/C and a glitch in two of the power windows, (which should be resolved soon).
I've located almost everything I needed to upgrade the car, (With some help from members here), and it is going into the shop this week for some minor body repair and a repaint.
The front bumper and a couple of pot metal pieces are going to the chrome shop, rear seat has a new legendary cover. Some cleaning and detailing and she'll be ready by spring.

I'll post some pictures once she's back together.

Well good luck with the paint job. Especially with getting the wright paint color for your car.... I bougt my paint (F8, jade green) at standox/du point. They have the exact paint colors for chrysler car in modern paints (water basis). Yours originally was Crimson Red I suppose? Are you keeping that?

That gets my goat......they have no idea what anything is there since most of them are just there for a pay check. They read the rules then thump their chest to make a point. Its a god damn fun field, participant ballots. How many times have guys won 1st 2nd or 3rd there with the car waaayyyy out of class yet won? Answer...........too many.:gah:

Cant tell you how many trophies Richs car won, 1st place too, C body stock. NOt that he didnt deserve it the car is one of the best restos I have ever seen. But they never made a 70 Monaco convertible, in the early years he had keystone classics on it. A 440 under the hood when it was originally a 383. Awesome car, far from stock.

There was other years a 71 Fury four door kept winning first place. His paint had sparkles in it, so people picked him. A very nice car but hardly stock..........

Nice looking Dodge, is that the "super light" option there?

Well, I don't think I'll be winning any trophies.....my Newport looks good from 7 or 8ft away but obviously isn't restored, and she has too many "little warts" here and there. I'd just be happy to be able to park with the rest of the stock "C" line up. Here she is at the spa these past couple of days. I lost a freakin hub cap on the way there last week while going over train tracks:angry5:

IMG_4560.JPG

My Ny'er is far from stock and is nice looking from 20' or more. I like being in the stock C-body class. I won't be winning any trophies... but enjoy the company of the stock class. I was surrounded by trophy class cars and enjoyed the conversations and exchanging ideas and experiences with everybody. I really enjoy going to the show!!! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone there this year!!!

:wave3:

I called the gentleman, got changed to the "stock" group.....hoping I don't stick out like a sore thumb now not being a restored c body car...I'll spit shine her real good the night before leaving:pray:.

LOL! now that is classic.

Its the truth though..................

Dont think your car will stick out because it isnt restored or all original perfect...........It will still get its share of looks, I'm glad you got it straight.

Its the truth though..................

Dont think your car will stick out because it isnt restored or all original perfect...........It will still get its share of looks, I'm glad you got it straight.

thanks, looking forward to big day(s):toothy6:

Thanks for the tip now I know where I am parking

I have been working on the mechanical area's of the car. Safety stuff was first. The NY'er was sitting for a long time. I've owned her for a year now. Had to completely replace the brakes. The complete exhaust system, which is now duals from the manifolds and flowmasters. None of the lights on/in the whole car worked except one headlight. Got them all working now except the speedometer. Troubleshoot and repair/replace all window motors (A/C doesn't work). I've finally got the compressor to work, had to replace the receiver/dryer, blower motor, blower resistor, compressor wiring repair, etc. Still have to rebuild A/C hoses and replace the H block, and troubleshoot why the divertor doors aren't working (blower motor works - no air coming out of the A/C vents). I'm also finishing up on acquiring all the parts to convert the lean burn including an Edelbrock performer manifold and carb. I should have time to convert all of that in the next month or so. That should do it for the immediate mechanical needs. All of the window/door seals have to be replaced, probably the carpets. All of the door panels and the seats have to be redone. I need some work on some rust areas. You can't really see the rust until you are within 10' of the NY'er. I need a new vinyl top too. Other than that... I have a trophy NY'er.

:beermug:

Jezabelle update.

Especially with getting the wright paint color for your car.... I bought my paint (F8, jade green) at standox/du point. Yours originally was Crimson Red I suppose? Are you keeping that?

The code for my paint color is R6, I thought it was Carnaval red. The paint on her now is a couple shades brighter red but there is an area where we can get a good reading on the original shade and I'll be bring it back to as original as I can.
I've located most everything needed for her, and am chroming the front bumper and a few other trim pieces. I have everything needed to repair the dash bezel and will detail the dash and interior. I may hold off on the engine bay detail until next winter so I can enjoy the car longer this summer.

Judging......?

Gosh man...... You need to lighten up a little. It's a car show.... The idea is to participate and have fun with others who share an interest. Whats the point of getting all bent out of shape over a cheap trophy...??? The way I see it is .... I already have my trophy..... My car..!!!!!

I give more credit to the guy who brings his #3 driver to a show and enjoys it then to the trailer queens, and even worse.... The guys who tell you.... "I've got a nicer car then that at home in the garage".

As far as the Carlisle staff go's....... They are a bunch of stand-up folks who bend over backwards to make the facility as nice as possible, respond to request's and always seem to act as professionals. I applaud them.

Enjoy the show.... You can get tophy's on eBay.

Gosh man...... You need to lighten up a little. It's a car show.... The idea is to participate and have fun with others who share an interest. Whats the point of getting all bent out of shape over a cheap trophy...??? The way I see it is .... I already have my trophy..... My car..!!!!!

I give more credit to the guy who brings his #3 driver to a show and enjoys it then to the trailer queens, and even worse.... The guys who tell you.... "I've got a nicer car then that at home in the garage".

As far as the Carlisle staff go's....... They are a bunch of stand-up folks who bend over backwards to make the facility as nice as possible, respond to request's and always seem to act as professionals. I applaud them.

Enjoy the show.... You can get tophy's on eBay.

Amen to that. I really just want to see everyone else's cars; its rare that I get to see another "c" body car in these parts (that do not have trees growing thru the engine bay that is). So seeing everyone's else car is going to be a blast. I'm bringing my I Pod AND digital camera and loads of gigabit flash cards!! Don't let others ruin the party:glasses2:

I have been working on the mechanical area's of the car. Safety stuff was first. The NY'er was sitting for a long time. I've owned her for a year now. Had to completely replace the brakes. The complete exhaust system, which is now duals from the manifolds and flowmasters. None of the lights on/in the whole car worked except one headlight. Got them all working now except the speedometer. Troubleshoot and repair/replace all window motors (A/C doesn't work). I've finally got the compressor to work, had to replace the receiver/dryer, blower motor, blower resistor, compressor wiring repair, etc. Still have to rebuild A/C hoses and replace the H block, and troubleshoot why the divertor doors aren't working (blower motor works - no air coming out of the A/C vents). I'm also finishing up on acquiring all the parts to convert the lean burn including an Edelbrock performer manifold and carb. I should have time to convert all of that in the next month or so. That should do it for the immediate mechanical needs. All of the window/door seals have to be replaced, probably the carpets. All of the door panels and the seats have to be redone. I need some work on some rust areas. You can't really see the rust until you are within 10' of the NY'er. I need a new vinyl top too. Other than that... I have a trophy NY'er.

:beermug:

1978 NYB, I know exactly what you mean, I have a laundry list too, but I doubt I'll get to most of it...trying to scramble and get to what I think is the most important stuff to be safe and road worthy come July. :eek:ld_school:

Back