69 300 convertible

yeah, no console and no posi..what a rip off...freaking ay

Last edited:
Ok....took a bunch of pics...link to the photobucket page is below if you guys want to check it out. It's a 1970 Polara ragtop in R-8 with an almost full fender tag, an N code 383 and road wheels and a bunch of power options. I was able to find a build sheet as well on Friday. Had to pull out the soaking wet rug as the floors have already taken plenty of abuse.

Dave: According to the build sheet it is not a sure grip, no code in the D91 field. I did attempt to try to spin it this aft but it took 20 mins to kick the idle down...sounded pretty nice then but would not do it from a stop and did not push the brake stand too hard as i'm on a residential street and it's sunday afternoon. Axle code on the build sheet is 068 but cannot find anything that tells me what that means...I can only assume it means 3.23 open.

http://s917.photobucket.com/albums/ad17/mdh157/1970 Polara/

man, i do so love the old boats. nice ride.

Ok....took a bunch of pics...link to the photobucket page is below if you guys want to check it out. It's a 1970 Polara ragtop in R-8 with an almost full fender tag, an N code 383 and road wheels and a bunch of power options. I was able to find a build sheet as well on Friday. Had to pull out the soaking wet rug as the floors have already taken plenty of abuse.

Dave: According to the build sheet it is not a sure grip, no code in the D91 field. I did attempt to try to spin it this aft but it took 20 mins to kick the idle down...sounded pretty nice then but would not do it from a stop and did not push the brake stand too hard as i'm on a residential street and it's sunday afternoon. Axle code on the build sheet is 068 but cannot find anything that tells me what that means...I can only assume it means 3.23 open.

http://s917.photobucket.com/albums/ad17/mdh157/1970 Polara/

Nice solid Dodge, I like it too, and love all those options.

Its full of options, it appears to have been a dealer demonstrator car. I love it.............

well, right now I don't love it.....it's a rat's nest of sorts. Just noticed that it has cherry bombs on it but the pipe after the muffs is only 1 3/4 or 2"....before the muffs looks to be 2.5 but I didn't measure it

Thats what I noticed last night if you recall...................The HP manifolds are 2 1/2.

Cool....!!!!!!

Great car, I like it. It looks like you've got as much to do as I have with my 69 300.
Any idea what the production numbers are on that car...?

Total prod is 842, so far I have not been able to find a breakdown by colors, eng, etc, but i'm still looking. I have a buddy who owns a 70 coronet 500 ragtop in plum crazy with the n code 383 and he found out that there were 67 of those made with that eng (7.75% of total prod) and only 8 believed to be made with that eng and color. With that in mind, there are prob numbers out there somewhere but no idea who might have them.

We need Polara71 to become the encyclopedia for us...he can prob find someone who knows. I personally am dying to know. If the prod of 383-4 is abt the same as the coronets we'd be talking around 65 cars before we considered colors or options. I know of a page on coronets that has really good breakdowns, so I;'m sure this info is avail for other cars as well.

I am certain with the options this car has that it is one of a handful, at the most.

Production breakdown......

there are prob numbers out there somewhere but no idea who might have them.

It would be interesting to develope a breakdown of models, options and colors on the C-bodys. The guys over at the liftoff hood site......... (http://a12mopar.com/yabb/YaBB.pl), have done a great job breaking down the figures on the A12 cars.

A good project for someone with a lot of time on their hands.

As I said Mark, I would bet less than 50 with that engine alone. Throw in the bucket seats, your down to probably less than ten. With the color........
Face it, any car broken down enough and you'll come up with one of one eventually. Your starting off closer than most with a production number of 842 to begin with.

191216 2005  right side.jpg

well, right now I don't love it.....it's a rat's nest of sorts. Just noticed that it has cherry bombs on it but the pipe after the muffs is only 1 3/4 or 2"....before the muffs looks to be 2.5 but I didn't measure it

If you are looking at changing the exhaust check out TTI. They have a nice 2 1/2" front to back set up that bolts directly to your manifolds or if you are so inclined they make headers to fit. It was an easy bolt on system to install on my Monaco and the results were good.

http://www.ttiexhaust.com/

I guess I will talk to them as soon as I am ready to move forward on it....a bolt on system with no mods is exactly what I want - all parts included, front to back and all hangars in the right places.I'll have to call as they list only a h pipe system for c bodies.

Back