69 300 convertible

Except for an uber overweight obese barge, I prefer a 383 - 2bbl.
Smooth and perfect torque curve for around the city.

I hate'em My first and only 383 is in the 70 I have now and its horrible.

I'd rather have a 71' 360 or a 72 400 over that 383-2

yes it is still listed...........but they aren't the first people to not worry abt taknig down their ad. I had a guy gripe to me a yr or two ago that he was sick of people calling him abt a car that was sold. My retort was, "then get off your *** and delete the AD!"

Last edited:
yes it is still listed...........but they aren't the first people to not worry abt taknig down their ad. I had a guy gripe to me a yr or two ago that he was sick of people calling him abt a car that was sold. My retort was, "then get off your *** and delete the AD!"

I cant see you saying that.......I wish I had

the 383/440 debate always rages on. 440 is a monster, plain and simple, but with a nice cam, headers, a 4bbl and some mild head work, 383s get up and GO. no doubt about that. they are lighter and wind a little better but they never seem to have that stump-pulling torque the big 440 RB does. they are in a class all their own.

the 383/440 debate always rages on. 440 is a monster, plain and simple, but with a nice cam, headers, a 4bbl and some mild head work, 383s get up and GO. no doubt about that. they are lighter and wind a little better but they never seem to have that stump-pulling torque the big 440 RB does. they are in a class all their own.

Makes sense but from experience I'd rather have the other three first.

Marks 383-4 though will be an awesome ride ..................I cant wait to see it

:laughing4::laughing4::laughing4:......:laughing4: I am learning that fast

with me the glass is not even half empty, it's entirely empty.

Hummmmm......My glass was always half full, then I got a smaller glass....

i'll relax when the car shows up with no surprises and the paperwork looks good

ok guys, it's here....unloaded it last night abt 9 pm. Will try to post some pics early next week...def some surprises, but at this point not any show stoppers.

Its a show stopper just being what it is Mark. A 70 Convertible with a 383 H.P. with buckets, tilt, power discs, power steering, am/fm multiplex, power driver seat, power windows and locks, vacuum trunk release, cornering lights, 3:23 sure grip, road wheels...................the list is long

Ok....took a bunch of pics...link to the photobucket page is below if you guys want to check it out. It's a 1970 Polara ragtop in R-8 with an almost full fender tag, an N code 383 and road wheels and a bunch of power options. I was able to find a build sheet as well on Friday. Had to pull out the soaking wet rug as the floors have already taken plenty of abuse.

Dave: According to the build sheet it is not a sure grip, no code in the D91 field. I did attempt to try to spin it this aft but it took 20 mins to kick the idle down...sounded pretty nice then but would not do it from a stop and did not push the brake stand too hard as i'm on a residential street and it's sunday afternoon. Axle code on the build sheet is 068 but cannot find anything that tells me what that means...I can only assume it means 3.23 open.

http://s917.photobucket.com/albums/ad17/mdh157/1970 Polara/

Last edited:
Mark, I know how you are feeling but I still think you did well. Plus you saved it from certain demise.........I need bigger photos starting with that owners card.

Back