Status
Not open for further replies.

saforwardlook

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
This looks like a nice well kept Polara with very low miles:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261781184311?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

69 Polara Low Miles for Sale.jpg69 Polara Low Miles for Sale.jpg69 Polara Low Miles for Sale.jpg

69 Polara Low Miles for Sale.jpg

That car is going to end up black and white. Someone please save that Smithsonian worthy example of mediocrity.

That car is going to end up black and white. Someone please save that Smithsonian worthy example of mediocrity.

The funny thing is the seller has a genuine 69 CHP Polara.
He recently sold another 69 Polara that he did up as a Nevada Highway Patrol car.

Alan

I'd lean more towards 124 k miles from the Overall look and without bulletproof documentation. Still a nice example though to consider.

The 318 in 69 should have been red, either this isn't the original engine or it has been out and repainted by a rebuild shop.

Alan

This place is scary sometimes...

Here is a picture showing the two different styles, my CHP car has the bumper, my other Polara does not.
2013-09-15_02.jpg

This is a full set of NOS trim for the CHP car.
2013-08-29_002.jpg

(The long oddball is a wagon trim that will need to be trimmed down)

Alan

so the bodyside moldings on a 1969 Polara was straight metal till mid year, then they changed to rubber inserts ? When was the change over date?

You are going to cut NOS moldings?

so the bodyside moldings on a 1969 Polara was straight metal till mid year, then they changed to rubber inserts ? When was the change over date?

You are going to cut NOS moldings?

Yes the early cars had a simple trim about 1/2" with no rubber and the later car with the rubber and was about 3/4"

At one time I was going to try and bracket this but couldn't get feedback.

What I do know my Driver, Early at 1/3/69 and my CHP Late at 5/30/69
I have noted 5 difference in early vs late build cars
1. The side trim
2. The sill plates
3. The cowl vent screen/cover
4. The lower windshield trim
5. The rain rail mouldings

Yes the plan is to cut down a NOS trim, I could not locate the correct sedan trim in black but I was able to get the wagon piece but it is about 3" too long.

The end of the trim is folded over with the corners being crimped in, they are not formed. I have the takeoffs that I can practice on but I see no reason it couldn't be done.
If my test prove to be difficult I will just send it in to a trim restoration place to do but I do not anticipate that.

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back