For Sale 69 Polara Very Low Miles For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt consider January an early build since they were building that model year five months prior. BUT That is all interesting stuff.... Were both built at the same plant? Curious to know what other plants time frames were... And it makes no difference CHP or non huh? Or what was ordered by the buyer.

I have to tell you those body side moldings with the insert look remarkably similar to the 1970 body side moldings...

I wouldnt consider January an early build since they were building that model year five months prior. BUT That is all interesting stuff.... Were both built at the same plant? Curious to know what other plants time frames were... And it makes no difference CHP or non huh? Or what was ordered by the buyer.

I have to tell you those body side moldings with the insert look remarkably similar to the 1970 body side moldings...

I don't think "mid year" changes that are not due to regulation matter on date.

I have seen CHP cars with both trims and I have seen other cars with both trims.
I know all CHP cars came from the same plant, I'll need to look again but Im sure my other Polara came from the same plant as well.
I am pretty sure that this is a mid year change and not an order book choice.

Yes the door mouldings are the same but both the fenders and quarters are different, probably different lengths due to grill and taillight changes.
Had I known that I might have looked into the differences, I had concidered the 2-door quarter trim but the wagon one was cheaper.

Alan

I just checked my CHP Polara.
It is 9D271xxx with a SPD of 21st april.
Mine is untouched and I do have the trim without rubber insert.

So the change was done within the 4 weeks between my Polara and Alans car

The end of the trim is folded over with the corners being crimped in, they are not formed. I have the takeoffs that I can practice on but I see no reason it couldn't be done.
If my test prove to be difficult I will just send it in to a trim restoration place to do but I do not anticipate that.

Alan

I did this once also with a common Station wagon rear trim that could be cut down to fit the Hood which was ultrarare (non Mopar), worked real good, you just have to think it over thoroughly before you cut. ;)

Isn't the parts catalog giving specific VIN when These trim changes started; that's the way I know it from our European GM catalogs.

I did this once also with a common Station wagon rear trim that could be cut down to fit the Hood which was ultrarare (non Mopar), worked real good, you just have to think it over thoroughly before you cut. ;)

Isn't the parts catalog giving specific VIN when These trim changes started; that's the way I know it from our European GM catalogs.

On many parts they give a date, not on the trim. The Dodge truck parts book give a VIN, haven't seen it in the Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge car parts book.

Alan

I just checked my CHP Polara.
It is 9D271xxx with a SPD of 21st april.
Mine is untouched and I do have the trim without rubber insert.

So the change was done within the 4 weeks between my Polara and Alans car

Thanks, That is pretty late.

Alan

The 318 in 69 should have been red, either this isn't the original engine or it has been out and repainted by a rebuild shop.

Alan

It doesn't look like the engine has ever been out-nor repainted. Mopar does weird stuff(like the 71 Challenger with 70 and 71 tail light trim from the factory).
When valve covers were off to change gaskets, the engine internals looked new.

The funny thing is the seller has a genuine 69 CHP Polara.
He recently sold another 69 Polara that he did up as a Nevada Highway Patrol car.

Alan

Hi Alan,

do you got some fender tags of these cars?

Carsten

The 318 and 340 engines were three different colors in 1969 - Corporate Blue, Red, or Orange. A lot of Los Angeles-built Darts and Barracudas that year have blue 318/340; whereas a lot of 318/340 cars built in other plants have orange or red engines. All three colors came in cars built in all plants where small blocks were installed - so - Were engines painted at the engine assembly plant, or at the vehicle assembly plant, before installation???

I meant the knowledge held by the members in this forum is unbelievable.
These obscure details can't be found elsewhere, Google or not.

Google ain't ****. Far too many people think that if something can't be found on a search engine, or if their info can't be backed up by a "search", then it isn't so. Bullshit.

I dont see it Fred

I believe he's seeing this.
$_57.jpg

$_57.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back