SOLD 71 Sport Fury GT FACTORY SHOW CAR /PROMO 1 of 2 built

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 1st two show cars got T Code motors. Both 1st day or production, one was the US Show car the other the Canadian Show car. What I have heard was there was originally a plan to offer the V-Code again in 1971 but it was canceled late. When that happened they went to the U-Code. Dan has owned them both at one point.

The 1st two show cars got T Code motors. Both 1st day or production, one was the US Show car the other the Canadian Show car. What I have heard was there was originally a plan to offer the V-Code again in 1971 but it was canceled late. When that happened they went to the U-Code. Dan has owned them both at one point.

plans were made and 6 bbl decal P/Ns assigned to the 71 and nixed at last moments...dam....P/N for my GT/gold woulda been...
3573-643.....page 1437

PP23 means GT, but I also thought it was supposed to have a U engine code to be a GT and should have A52 on fender tag to be a 70 or 71 GT. I believe the fender tag should have E86 instead of E85 to match a HP motor. This one is a hard car to figure.

only the 70 models had the A52 code on the tag as the SFGT became its own model line for the 1971 model year.
U-code=E86 (used regulary in the 1971 model year for all SFGT)
T-code =E85 (as used in 1970 and the 1971 pilot cars for the SFGT)

Carsten

only the 70 models had the A52 code on the tag as the SFGT became its own model line for the 1971 model year.
U-code=E86 (used regulary in the 1971 model year for all SFGT)
T-code =E85 (as used in 1970 and the 1971 pilot cars for the SFGT)Carsten
Thanks Carsten: Galen Govier's Chrysler Corporation Production Option Code Book 1969-1971, page 13, has the A52 option code for 70 thru 71. Mine is copyright 1999, so he may have changed it since then. So In other Words, this car is probably the real deal, a promo car, T code 440, SFGT. Do you think it's the US or Canada promo car?
gov.jpg

Galen is an idiot that knows zero about C bodies because there was little money to be made.

He was into it for the cash not the passion.

Got it. Guess he should stick authenticating hemi cars and other high $ muscle. Not a bad job, idiot or no. Probably a helluva lot more exciting than what I do for a living.

Thanks Carsten: Galen Govier's Chrysler Corporation Production Option Code Book 1969-1971, page 13, has the A52 option code for 70 thru 71. Mine is copyright 1999, so he may have changed it since then. So In other Words, this car is probably the real deal, a promo car, T code 440, SFGT. Do you think it's the US or Canada promo car?
View attachment 201487
If it is a promo car, wouldn't it be coded as such on the fender tag and not have Y16 - Sales bank or am I missing something, and does anyone know what the A94 option code is ?

If it is a promo car, wouldn't it be coded as such on the fender tag and not have Y16 - Sales bank or am I missing something, and does anyone know what the A94 option code is ?

many SHOW/PROMO cars are Y16..not 100% sure why...but probably to alert them that this will be a retail unit after PROMO DUTY and not one going back to chrysler to be destroyed.. all USA show cars had M VONS..notice the M01020... the canadian PROMO car had B99 VON which is found on all canadian PROMO/SHOW CARS.. cant remember what A94 is but its on all 71 GT's..

View attachment 201487

its 100% the USA PROMO..M VON tells the story.. canadian PROMOS have B99 VONS..

yes that would be very cool... i have pics of the YELLOW V CODE 70 promo from ROAD TEST MAGAZINE is the only one i have found of a KNOWN CAR

its 100% the USA PROMO..M VON tells the story.. canadian PROMOS have B99 VONS..
As far as Vehicle Order Number VON, is it only the M that tells "Promo Car", such that the number 01020 doesn't mean much? If not, what is the full meaning of M01020?

Also, what is a good non-Govier book to get all the information about the GT cars?

any letter VON is something special the 01020 is the invoice number is all.. each car had one obv and it was different..build date was also a key..most were built first day of production 802..also different letters were used to mean different things.. all promos i have seen had M.. also prior VONs used the number 9 in 69 to identify special cars..M codes etc.. my M code cuda was 920009..canadian 71 PROMOS used B99

IMG_1059.jpg

newcamera 013.jpg

004.JPG

The cars were to be sold to the public after the promotions were over.
The SO number is most likely 2 sets of 3 numbers MO1 020 - that's an opinion based on years of looking at these numbers and published information.
It is unknown when the 0801 and 0802 cars were actually built as it it not a date cast in stone as we know.
Many different "batches" of SO's were made on 08 02 and 08 01
What about 08 03?
Barry W can you provide some insight?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back