74 Fury shock absorbers

josehf34

Reaction score
I need to buy front and rear shock absorbers but I don't know which brand reference and brand should I choose. I had heard that Bilstein and KYB are good and smooth shocks but I want to have opinions about them

Monroe Sensa-tracs are my suggestion. Plus now if you buy four shocks you get $30 back and even more for vehicles with struts. Look at the officiial Monroe site to get the correct part numbers then do a google search. For me, I went with Rock Auto and used the 5% discount code.

I have KYB Gas-A-Just shocks on the front of my 1978 NYB. What a difference they made. I highly recommend the Gas-A-Just shock. I have factory Air Ride on the rear of my NYB.

These guys have them on sale for $148 total for all 4 plus a $40 rebate. Advance Auto Parts want $70 a piece for the same part number.

http://www.shockwarehouse.com/index.cfm?mode=results&selected_model=3877&selected_year=1978

KG4528.jpg

KG5512.jpg

I have KYB Gas-A-Just shocks on the front of my 1978 NYB. What a difference they made. I highly recommend the Gas-A-Just shock. I have factory Air Ride on the rear of my NYB.

These guys have them on sale for $148 total for all 4 plus a $40 rebate. Advance Auto Parts want $70 a piece for the same part number.

http://www.shockwarehouse.com/index.cfm?mode=results&selected_model=3877&selected_year=1978

KG4528.jpg

KG5512.jpg
I think I'm going to buy the set of 4 shock absorbers for front and rear. Any recommendation when change the rear shock absorbers? is necessary to unmount the Leaf Springs to change the rear shocks?

The shocks just unbolt. It's pretty easy when you have it on a lift.

I think I bought my Bilsteins from them when I replaced shocks on my truck. Good prices, and since you're buying a brand name, no worries about quality.

With regard to installation, a tip for installing gas shocks is to use a ratchet strap to keep the shock compressed. Otherwise, it can extend out further than the mounts, and it's awkward to push it while mounting it.

I'm getting Bilstein's for all 4 corners of my truck from them for $374.

Ihad to use wire ties to keep the front shocks compressed to put in my NYB and cut them once I had them in position. Piece of cake....

It looks like some more good advice, going to purchase KYB Gas-A-Just shocks front and rear for MY 65, you guys on here are just bundle of good information.

Back