75th Anniversary of V-E Day

We have many a POS running for office in this country, the price of freedom is eternal vigilance. Failing that, the price is always paid in blood.

Dave

We are a grateful nation to all that served and sacrificed to protect our freedoms and all citizens of all nations. God Bless all of the Veterans living and deceased.
"All gave some, some gave ALL"
:usflag:

At least they had a sense of humor back then...

BE75B11B-31DB-407D-9A81-E367C187D6E9.jpeg

71DF8F13-092D-4EE0-8D41-C58E682E2910.jpeg

3E5651D4-0D60-442C-9BE5-509EAD1ABA4E.jpeg

F6D5798F-B5CF-4521-A591-2AD5717F1A1D.jpeg

In 1946 at the start of the Nuremburg Trials the US Army unit on duty for protection played this song over the speakers in der fuher's face

Had a neighbor back home, actually my best friends father. He was infantry and was at the Battle of the Bulge and the D-Day Normandy invasion. He received the Bronze Star and Purple Heart for his service. You could not meet a nicer man that respected life and had a great sense of humor. He seldom talked of his time overseas, but you knew his love of country ran deep in his veins. He lived to be 97 years old. He taught me much about cars and how to treat others. He was my 2nd dad. I miss him......

Had a neighbor back home, actually my best friends father. He was infantry and was at the Battle of the Bulge and the D-Day Normandy invasion. He received the Bronze Star and Purple Heart for his service. You could not meet a nicer man that respected life and had a great sense of humor. He seldom talked of his time overseas, but you knew his love of country ran deep in his veins. He lived to be 97 years old. He taught me much about cars and how to treat others. He was my 2nd dad. I miss him......
My next door neighbor, Walter was in the Army and was a court reporter. He was @ Potsdam and went to use the restroom. When he went to leave the stall, he opened the door and there, standing in front of him, was Winston Churchill.
So his ‘claim to fame’ was that he warmed the throne for Winston Churchill.
Bless his soul, he was the kindest person I have known. I interviewed him and learned of this story as an assignment for my high school US history class, in 1977/78...

My next door neighbor, Walter was in the Army and was a court reporter. He was @ Potsdam and went to use the restroom. When he went to leave the stall, he opened the door and there, standing in front of him, was Winston Churchill.
So his ‘claim to fame’ was that he warmed the throne for Winston Churchill.
Bless his soul, he was the kindest person I have known. I interviewed him and learned of this story as an assignment for my high school US history class, in 1977/78...
That is a great story

Back