76 D200 W.I.W.?

What can you do... it just wasn't meant to be. I hate that other party crap.... you should have pulled out your wallet, dug out your drivers license...and when he gives you a weird look and asks what you're doing? You stare at it and say "I'm just checking to see if I was born yesterday." :)

Oh well, it's back home with all my cheques still in my pocket. He has my number if the "other interested party" should decide to not want it. The truck is not so special that I just have to have it, and the "just to let you know, I have someone else interested" ploy doesn't work on me. Besides, he wasn't prepared to budge on his asking price. Not actively looking, but who knows what will turn up next.

Sorry to hear Pete that was a long way to go LOOK at a truck you'd think he'd cut you some slack.

**** happens. Thems the chances you take.
I'm glad you're taking it well, You would think the guy would be more reasonable with a live buyer who was standing in front of him.

I'm glad you're taking it well, You would think the guy would be more reasonable with a live buyer who was standing in front of him.

He could be telling the truth about someone else which makes him a man of his word, who can fault him for that?

If it was something I was actively looking for, I might have a different perspective. There was no urgency to acquire it. I wasn't looking for a truck, it just happened to show up in my search for "Dodge".

I have a 96 Ram 2wd that I bought new that has only. Been used in the winter twice. And that truck, with the long wheelbase I bet is the same reason. In 1" of snow you could lean on the hood and it would be stuck. Also the owner (s) of that thing must have greatly cared about it, and not put it through the salt and calcium.
Also, many of the old cars still around were bought new by a retiree and they didn't have to or want to go out in bad weather. Estate sales are the best fishing for these gems.
Sorry it didn't pan out for you Pete, at least not so far anyway. On the subject of 96 Ram 2wd, my son just picked this one up Friday at a Cheb dealer in Edmonton. In a world where everyone wants a 4x4 these days there are some real 2wd gems left out there, and this one is no exception.

Ram Sport 1.JPG

Ram Sport 3.JPG

Ram Sport 2.JPG

That's a great looking ride for you son T!

BTW thank you and P for driving in last night for the half century party I was blown away. Critter I expected, you guys were a happy bonus!

I'm sure your son will enjoy the new ride for many years...

That's a great looking ride for you son T!

BTW thank you and P for driving in last night for the half century party I was blown away. Critter I expected, you guys were a happy bonus!

I'm sure your son will enjoy the new ride for many years...
A nice neighborhood pub with good atmosphere, good food, and of course good Guinness. We were really glad to be part of the milestone celebration. Btw I hope you were able to walk home afterward, saw you flagging down the waitress and holding up an empty bottle as we were leaving.

A nice neighborhood pub with good atmosphere, good food, and of course good Guinness. We were really glad to be part of the milestone celebration. Btw I hope you were able to walk home afterward, saw you flagging down the waitress and holding up an empty bottle as we were leaving.

I can hit a nine iron from the pub to my place so its a short stumble lol

He could be telling the truth about someone else which makes him a man of his word, who can fault him for that?
I do understand... but these guys didn't just show up without a call in advance.

Back