78 NYB Radio goes off when I hit the brakes.

One thing for sure... this car has the unfriendliest, tightest, most crowded under dash area I’ve ever worked on....
WTF have we been saying?
bash.gif
And now it dawns on you??

The owners manual and the data book said the 1978 NYB is the most mechanic friendly dash Chrysler ever made. Lol

Fuse blown again....
Found my problem....Brake light circuit wires were run around the very top of the brake pedal for some reason. Had worn through the insulation and was grounding out the circuit and blowing the fuse. Maybe what is causing the cruise not to work. Why they wrapped the wires around the pedal, I’ll never know. I pulled it loose and put some tape around it to hold it but I need to go in and properly sort it. One thing for sure... this car has the unfriendliest, tightest, most crowded under dash area I’ve ever worked on....
So you pressed the brake pedal, the map light came on, and the radio went off and it wasn't just a bad fuse?! Shocker!
Don't have a wiring diagram for 78. Hope the radio issue is solved too. Happy cruising, Javier! I'm again driving the 72 Fury round trip 66 miles to work on Monday. It's already made 2 trips OK. You should see the looks I get on I-295. Some are up thumbs, but a lot are just jaw drop.

Back