A new guy from Germany with a question...

413Reasons

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm Don from Hannover, Germany and in 2014 I bought a 1965 Chrysler 300 that came from California to Germany. It's a great ride and I like it very much, but I don't have any informations about this specific car. Everyone likes pictures - so here are some...:rolleyes:...:

IMG_8758a%2B-%2BKopie.jpg

IMG_8787.jpg

IMG_8797.jpg

The only things I know are: It was sold in December 1964 in South Carolina by a Bill Heard dealer and then there's a huge gap until I bought it from a guy who got it from a San Francisco-suburb. The original color may have been Spanish red, interior is black. The roof is painted matte black and the body was repainted somewhere in the USA (obviously by a plumber or a carpenter...). It has a 413 cui instead of the 383 cui it originally had (was also changed somewhere in the US). You can see it's last license plate in the rear window in one of the pics below.

The only bad part was the trunk, which had some rust all over (took me about three weeks to turn that cave into a good condition. Never. Again.):

IMG_7440.jpg

IMG_7696.jpg

And there was a huge dent in the rear bumper, which I changed last year (the bumper, not the dent...:D...):
Vergleich.jpg

More pictures of the 300 and A guy working on his trunk

So...does anyone know the car? A previous owner? A story?

Greetings from overseas!
Don

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! As a carpenter I will blame a plumber for your paint job....
The car looks fantastic. Does it have a fender tag on the drivers side wheelhouse under the hood?

Whoa...:eek:...four hours and five answers! You guys are brisk!

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome. And @detmatt: It also might have been a gardener or a zookeeper, 'cause he fixed a few mosquitoes with his paint gun...:D...the fenders look a bit like they were directly pulled out of a rock - fossiles included...:D...! I lol'd hard after polishing, but I'll leave them there!

And of course - it has a fender tag. I'll post a pic of it later.

Last edited:
:welcome: from Will in Alabama.
Beautiful car. I bet it draws a lot of attention there.
As Matt suggested, the data tag under the hood will offer up some info. You might check under the front seats, or behind the rear seat back/bottom for the broadcast sheet. That is the holy grail for a Mopar.

Hi everyone!

I'm Don from Hannover, Germany and in 2014 I bought a 1965 Chrysler 300 that came from California to Germany. It's a great ride and I like it very much, but I don't have any informations about this specific car. Everyone likes pictures - so here are some...:rolleyes:...:

IMG_8758a%2B-%2BKopie.jpg

IMG_8787.jpg

IMG_8797.jpg

The only things I know are: It was sold in December 1964 in South Carolina by a Bill Heard dealer and then there's a huge gap until I bought it from a guy who got it from a San Francisco-suburb. The original color may have been Spanish red, interior is black. The roof is painted matte black and the body was repainted somewhere in the USA (obviously by a plumber or a carpenter...). It has a 413 cui instead of the 383 cui it originally had (was also changed somewhere in the US). You can see it's last license plate in the rear window in one of the pics below.

The only bad part was the trunk, which had some rust all over (took me about three weeks to turn that cave into a good condition. Never. Again.):

IMG_7440.jpg

IMG_7696.jpg

And there was a huge dent in the rear bumper, which I changed last year (the bumper, not the dent...:D...):
Vergleich.jpg

More pictures of the 300 and A guy working on his trunk

So...does anyone know the car? A previous owner? A story?

Greetings from overseas!
Don

You got a very nice looking car there, Don. Looks like the rust removal you had to do in the trunk turned out great. I guess you didn't need to to do any cutting out and welding in of new unobtainium floors. Huh ?

Another thing: that 413 engine could be original to the car. Although the non-letter-L 300 cars came with the 383 cu. in engine as standard, the 413 was available as an option. Your fender tag and or broadcast sheet should tell the tale here. Welcome to the asylum.

Hi again!

And
Thanks.jpg
...kchkchkch...!

@Ripinator and @bluefury361: The guy I bought it from and his buddy already prepared the car for our roads here and welded everything - I just had to do the finish. And I had to google "unobtainium"...:D...! The 300 is not that huge attention seeker, 'cause it's color is more on the quiet side. But the sound is impressing! I totally love it and it helps my Ramipril keeping my blood pressure down.

And I found a pic of my fender tag (I clear-coated it; before the sanding you couldn't see anything...the plumber, you know...):

IMG_7481.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome from Frankfurt, Don! Car looks good from the far *the plumber, you know...* ;)

p.s. Your picture links in your initial post are unfortunately not working.

Hi again!

And
Thanks.jpg
...kchkchkch...!

@Ripinator and @bluefury361: The guy I bought it from and his buddy already prepared the car for our roads here and welded everything - I just had to do the finish. And I had to google "unobtainium"...:D...! The 300 is not that huge attention seeker, 'cause it's color is more on the quiet side. But the sound is impressing! I totally love it and it helps my Ramipril keeping my blood pressure down.

And I found a pic of my fender tag (I clear-coated it; before the sanding you couldn't see anything...the plumber, you know...):

IMG_7481.JPG

Just checked a fender tag decoder at: 1965 Mopar Fendertag codes

Looks like the AB=62 indicates a 4-BBL 383 cu. in. 315 HP engine. But hey. . . That 413 sitting in there is definitely OK.

Back