A RHD 1969 Daytona?

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
This is the only RHD Daytona in the world. Was in Australia most of it's life.

12400701_552645104890814_6720701021711615250_n.jpg

That was the rage on Moparts about 13 years ago. I seem to recall seeing it at the Nats

I've seen this one around here once or twice and I like it.

Woodward or just a local car?
I've seen it on Woodward and if I remember correctly at last June's museum show. I'm not sure where the car is currently located.

Last edited:
I can't believe Ma Mopar spent the money for tooling for the RHD specific parts for only one dang car!

There was probably a few 69 Charger's made with RHD too I suspect....

the RHD conversion was NOT done by Mopar.
Car went to Australia as a used car back in the day. Overthere it had to be converted into RHD (being a "modern used car").

Today classic cars, that get importet to Australia don't need to be converted anymore but need to have a certain age (30 years or 40 years old).

So this conversion was done by hand back in the 70s. Car was red originally

Carsten

Yesterday I thought of that little Midget when I saw the car. I completely forgot he owned it He was big in Mopar circles back then but quickly fell from grace. His handle was ( onebadsuperbird) and has a nice red white and blue winged car. He was also the producer/ owner of Five Star Productions.... otherwise known as knee high productions. He went all over the country filming mopar events and selling DVD s and VHS tapes

Yesterday I thought of that little Midget when I saw the car. I completely forgot he owned it He was big in Mopar circles back then but quickly fell from grace. His handle was ( onebadsuperbird) and has a nice red white and blue winged car. He was also the producer/ owner of Five Star Productions.... otherwise known as knee high productions. He went all over the country filming mopar events and selling DVD s and VHS tapes
Polara Dave, we live in a P/C world now so please say Little person, Not midget. Lol Jk. but i saw him on some Video i got from Walmart, How did he fall from Grace?

The RHD Daytona was featured in MCG magazine a few years back.
In the copy I have,the conversion was tastefully done.
Just recently,it was up on the auction block at Mecum and did not meet the reserve bid.

I think he's from the Detroit area or at least I used to see him and his white Superbird often back in the '80s. Actually have seen him once or twice in the last year or so.

Seems to me his arrogance and pomposity knocked him down.
There was also a big ol feud over on Moparts many years back, he vowed never to come back, I haven't seen him there since. Of course this is all conjecture on my part.
Fact is, he's not out there like he used to be...

Back