A sucker for the Underdawg, was given an overwieght 59, but love the lines...

ManicMoparchanic

Reaction score
First off, HELLO! New to C bodies.
Second, yes rough, but runs, drives, can't stop yet. 99% complete 9 passenger car. Since not worked with this type power brake system, can it be semi easily upgraded to duel circuit? Is there a compatible power brake booster master cylinder year swap to change out the Accordion style? I know the Accordion booster works saw it in action. As I clean car out will find what trim is missing, lots inside back seat. Main thing missing are the tail light socket parts, strange they gone but have the bezels, and lenses. Main thing is, would like to have any important missing parts if can before I think of spending cash on looks, and interior. I know radiator is shot, but have a handful to see if any will work/fit once car gets home. Not sure you would call a survivor, but been sitting 22 years, and so far mechanically seems very sound, have driven around yard, tranny shifts out fine, and let run for about an hour. As a plus, can't ever argue with free..lol
Finding tail light socket parts, and getting brakes upgraded/working are my main concerns, everything else is just blood sweat, and beers....

2013-11-13_14-19-36_648.jpg

2013-11-13_14-19-56_32.jpg

2013-11-13_14-20-02_927.jpg

2013-11-16_14-24-35_832.jpg

2013-11-13_14-20-18_228.jpg

Last edited:

Welcome !!!!!

Now that's a lot of car !!!!! Good luck with her I can't wait to see it all gussied up !!! :wav:

Wow, free? Can't argue with that! Welcome to the site from the Motor City!
this will be a fun one to watch.

Free is the right price for that one, good luck with it.....lots of wrenching to do, love to see how it all turns out.

Central time, still setting up profile..If talking about area, if talking about car.......work will progress as time, or cash permits. Usually have one or the other, so few, and between for both...lol
Main thing is coming up with missing/broke things as I find them before sinking much money into her. She is pretty, but not going to get too upside down in a build since not a valuable car if, and when i ever want to pass her on. Plus after a full assessment of vehicle will decide if to build, or keep as parts car since drive train is in such good shape.

Last edited:
Welcome! Holy crap that's a biggin. Cool car! What motor, trans and what options does it have? Can you take some pics of the interior? What's your plan? You should see what Murry's has for parts for it. http://www.cbodies.com
To be honest, the body looks pretty good from the pictures you took. Gonna be cool to see her come back to life!

image.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome........nice wagon!

That'll be super cool when you get it done.

Central time, still setting up profile..If talking about area, if talking about car.......work will progress as time, or cash permits. Usually have one or the other, so few, and between for both...lol
Main thing is coming up with missing/broke things as I find them before sinking much money into her. She is pretty, but not going to get too upside down in a build since not a valuable car if, and when i ever want to pass her on. Plus after a full assessment of vehicle will decide if to build, or keep as parts car since drive train is in such good shape.

Poly 318, push button auto, power brakes, power back glass/tailgate, 9 passenger, Custom Suburban. This is only interior pic atm. But inside is rough, but complete.

2013-11-16_14-23-54_881.jpg

This is the kind of stuff I love to see. For free, it's worth it for just the conversation. Congrats.

OK, I should have added "and stopping". Seems kinda important...

I plan,and want to have it mechanically going, stopping, ect. But, want to research what it would take to upgrade booster/master cylinder to duel circuit brakes. I know many are purist that like things left original, but single circuit brakes are not the safest imo, so till I have more info on that will pull interior inspect floor damage, and look/find other things not requiring much cash, or none to fix, or start hunting for. As for running/driving everything seems good atm, time will tell when rubber meets the road...

Dual circuit brakes are the only way to go unless its strictly a museum piece or trailer queen and it'll be entirely possible on that car. Somebody will chime in with some experience in the matter before too long.

Cool car. The engine should be a polyspherical 318...

When I see these old finned Mopar wagons I always remember riding in my Dad's '60 Plymouth in the rear facing seat.

Back