Aftermarket Radiator

unfortunately new doesn't always mean good...

VERY WISE WORDS!

while chasing an overheating issue on my 454 motorhome I wound up installing a defective thermostat and fan clutch...boiling it along with thermostat #3 proved it didn't open soon enough or as far...and every parts house I hit , regardless of their online description, was selling the exact same Motorad thermostat in a different box...

YEP! I won't touch WHY this situation prevails, but it does. My Solution is to hoard NOS Robert Shaw 370s, among other solid brass treasures from the Golden Age. Been running the same stat for a couple years now, with excellent results, so I likely have a Lifetime Supply, barring getting an NSF grant to research driving slab side C-body Mopars vs A & B bodies from the same era.

I also noticed that I couldn't hear fan clutch #2 kicking in with the increased roar of the fan when the temp went up sitting at a light....so 3rd fan clutch...all of which ,whether you get a Hayden,NAPA, 4 Seasons or Murray are also the exact same part in a different box...so you cant even try another brand, its just keep buying the same part till you hopefully get a good one

I got a good fan clutch, NOS for Mopar, made in the old Bundesrepublik. (West Germany) 3 yrs service so far.

It took several years of training my search engines to find NOS/NORS parts quickly, and sort them, but I did.

Sometimes one MUST buy a modern part, alas. Check industrial supplies for stuff with the proper specs, measurements. Timken still makes tapered roller bearings that WILL work for our rides, though they're not meant for them for example.

MANY of the old brand name companies are just fronts and shells now for PLA or I$raeli factories. Motorad is one such, and they use Stant's name. Carter wraps sino-crap, et cetera, ad nauseam.

Back