All Mopar winter swap meet in Columbus,OH

You didn't have to. I would have already had one made up for you by now....
Find me ONE new one and I'll have him crank out a thousand of them.
BUT......... if you had one new one then the whole issue is moot then, isn't it.
Catch 22.

Sometimes I get frustrated with the lack of reproduction for C-bodies and especially Formals. You can get repop door seal for a F'ing 86 Dodge Aries but not for 74-78 NY'ers and on and on.............

Maybe some day the repop manufacturer's will make something we need like roof rail seals, door panels, etc.

Supply and demand. Supply and demand. Supply and demand. Supply...............

Bob: Several years ago, after searching and searching, I found what was arguably the last SET of left and right NOS roof rail seals and door seals in existence.
I thought long and hard about repopping these. I talked to Dave at Restoration Specialties, a couple of other places and they all said Yah, you make them and I'll buy them. I worked with SoftSeal/MMS Industries to get a quote after sending all the rubber to them. Initial out of pocket expense total for tooling and dies for all the pcs. was over $8,000.00. MMS had no interest in doing it themselves. They said, for THEM, the demand didn't justify the investment because they had a thousand more future projects backlogged on the shelf that would make them more money.
So, Bob, do you want to drop $8k and pimp them yourself one-by one until you break even? Do the math with the number of potential sales vs. price point and you'll go to bed totally frustrated and considering buying a tri-box Chevy.

If I had a machine shop with a five axis CNC machine, spare time, and needed a '78 wiper bushing for myself, Yah, I'd pop out a 1,000 in about an hour of my spare time. Almost the same cost to make one as it does a zillion in that case. It's the first one that kills it every time.

Last edited:
You need an update on what's going on down here. The major metro areas are booming again. In fact, Tampa, Orlando, and Miami are so hot again, that is become a labor shortage again. You're missing out. The early birds reap the wealth that you say that you see everywhere.

< Sent from my tablet >

Last edited:
You need an update on what's going on down here. The major metro areas are booming again. In fact, Tampa, Orlando, and Miami are so hot again, that is become a labor shortage again. You're missing out. The early birds reap the wealth that you say that you see everywhere.

< Sent from my tablet >
The vein of opportunity that I'm tapped into does not extend to FLA. I wish it did.

Plus, my kids are pretty locked in to their current & excellent school system.

There's no way I could live in Florida. I've visited almost every part and some of them are very nice but by the end of the visit I was done and felt like I didn't need to go back. I also couldn't tolerate the heat, I like my change of seasons way to much.

I lived there for eight years & didn't want to leave. Every time I go there for vacation, I don't want to leave. I hate winter, hate snow & especially hate salt.

Back