And the results are in.. I think....

Looks good so far. I really don't know to much about that year 318, but was the entire engine painted orange? Looks like it from the picture. I'm guessing it would be Hemi orange?

With the flash it looks orange but it is really a red/orange color. .

I have seen it described as "Ram Red"

Most rebuilders didn't care though and paint the block n heads any old color they had on hand

With the flash it looks orange but it is really a red/orange color. .

I have seen it described as "Ram Red"

Most rebuilders didn't care though and paint the block n heads any old color they had on hand

Got ya! Is it like the color of the engine I posted in the picture? Nice color.

here is the Chrysler Red from the 64 to 70 engines..
I thinks it's the same colour but flashed..

p38242.jpg

And another example but I think a flash was used which brings out the the Red..

DSCF1951.jpg

Nice progress. That looks very nice! When is it going in?

I hope to have it in within the next 2 weeks.
I have to reseal the trans pump, clean and paint the engine, blast n' paint the exhaust manifolds then bolt it all together.

I have most if not all parts on hand now to reassemble the car.

I still need to get a upper ball joint socket to r&R the joints so I can blast n' paint the upper control arms.

I hope to have it in within the next 2 weeks.
I have to reseal the trans pump, clean and paint the engine, blast n' paint the exhaust manifolds then bolt it all together.

I have most if not all parts on hand now to reassemble the car.

I still need to get a upper ball joint socket to r&R the joints so I can blast n' paint the upper control arms.

Have you checked with AAP or AZ?

They have free loaner tools sets that you put a deposit on and then you get all your money back when you return the set.

Neither one of the locals have that tool.

I think it was before most of their time! :D

Just go out a buy one. Shouldn't be more than 25/30 dollars. To be honest, I use to use a big pipe wrench to get them out, or an air powered chisel. Soak them down with PB for a few days. They'll come right out.

Working on the engine again last night. I removed the exhaust manifolds and cleaned more of the engine.
The bolts came pretty much right out after a soaking for the previous night with Castles' "Liquid Torch"

The oil pan is actually had some surface rust on it which was encouraging that the engine wasn't leaking very much oil!

20140515_083039.jpg

20140515_083044.jpg

20140515_083053.jpg

20140515_083103.jpg

Just go out a buy one. Shouldn't be more than 25/30 dollars. To be honest, I use to use a big pipe wrench to get them out, or an air powered chisel. Soak them down with PB for a few days. They'll come right out.

I need to save my ball joints as they were B/N last year

I see a bunch on Ebay but shipping/handling is almost the a the socket into Canada.
The local auto parts store has a loaner I discovered this morning
I will take advantage of this on the weekend.

I need to save my ball joints as they were B/N last year

I see a bunch on Ebay but shipping/handling is almost the a the socket into Canada.
The local auto parts store has a loaner I discovered this morning
I will take advantage of this on the weekend.

Oh, sorry about that. I thought you had new ones going in. It's great you found the loner at the parts store. Nice..!

I pulled the valve covers, intake, & oil pan to get the engine ready for paint plus I wanted to check to see how clean this engine was.

The frequent oil changes have paid off!:yaayy::yaayy::yaayy:
Check the photos!

20140516_222932.jpg

20140516_222900.jpg

20140516_222913.jpg

it did have a bit of carbon sludge in the pan which wiped right out with no metal surprises.

20140516_222944.jpg

At last, a decent coat of paint. :yaayy::yaayy::yaayy:

I used the VHT Chrysler Red from Auto Zone

20140517_154101.jpg

20140517_154054.jpg

Last edited:
Back