Autotemp I blows cool

Reaction score
Last summer I had some trouble getting my Autotemp I in working order. The vacuum hoses was all mixed up, but I managed to get that solved thanks to pic from @vdk2010 .

Rest of the system was OK. The water valve opened and close. The power servo did move and directed air to the right place.

This summer I have recharged the system. It was quite a lot of gas left in the system, it hasnt been running for years, but not enough to get cold ir. After the charge, the air from the outlets is really cold!

The ETR valve works, but Im not sure that the sensor in the evaporator works. The vacuum vater valve may not be that well calibrated. This can be fixed. I maybe convert the system to a cluch controled system, so the compressor disengages as soon as the temperature is near 32 F. Im not sure.

But Is nice to have cold air!

Last summer I had some trouble getting my Autotemp I in working order. The vacuum hoses was all mixed up, but I managed to get that solved thanks to pic from @vdk2010 .

Rest of the system was OK. The water valve opened and close. The power servo did move and directed air to the right place.

This summer I have recharged the system. It was quite a lot of gas left in the system, it hasnt been running for years, but not enough to get cold ir. After the charge, the air from the outlets is really cold!

The ETR valve works, but Im not sure that the sensor in the evaporator works. The vacuum vater valve may not be that well calibrated. This can be fixed. I maybe convert the system to a cluch controled system, so the compressor disengages as soon as the temperature is near 32 F. Im not sure.

But Is nice to have cold air!
Glad to hear that you have gotten your system working. There’s others on this forum that can provide you with knowledge and share their experiences.

Back