blown module and toasted fuseable link on my 69 plymouth 383

golden lion

Reaction score
Three times in 3 months twice when I shut it off then got back in it to start it .It blew the fuse only once, Once when I was doing 55mph. Changed the ignition checked system for shorts found one fixed it, Then again it blew the module, and toasted the fuseable link. Thanks in advance GL

Last edited:
Your post is difficult to understand, due to the utter lack of punctuation and capitalization. Please rephrase your problem so that those of us who understand English can be of assistance. It is impossible to diagnose your car problem with what you have attempted to write.

It is customary in this forum to post an introduction, as well. Enjoy your day.

More details needed.

A 69 would have been points without a "module"

If the car has been upgraded to Electronic Ignition we need to know what type.

The only thing close to a module on a 69 from the factory is the Voltage Regulator.

We're here to help just need more details.

Alan

Three times in 3 months twice when I shut it off then got back in it to start it .It blew the fuse only once, Once when I was doing 55mph. Changed the ignition checked system for shorts found one fixed it, Then again it blew the module, and toasted the fuseable link. Thanks in advance GL

yourshitsmessedupperhapsyoushouldcheckthebulkheadconnectorandalsotheammeterconnectionsIt'slikelyyoumihgtburndownyourcar

do you mean that you changed the ignition switch? where was the previous short found?

Last edited:
Tough crowd here....

A little more info and some pictures and we'll be able help you.

Hey Alan
Sorry, I didn't respond sooner. YA THE SYSTEM WAS UPGRADED TO A' 73 CHRYSLER ELECTRONIC IGNITION FROM A PLYMOUTH 400 CID IGNITION HARNESS,DISTRIBUTER AND USEING STARDARD CHRYSLER COMPONENTS

Amp meter is good cleaned all grounds and connecters. The alternator is in not over charging,the fusible link is between the battery and the starter relay.

HI 1970cat !
I FOUND ONE LOSE WIRE ON THE IGNITION SWITCH, I TOUGHT MAYBE IT SHORTED OUT IHE SITCH AND CAUSED THE DAMAGE.
BUT THEN IT HAPPENED AGAIN. THANKS , BY THE WAY ONE OF MY FAVORITE ACTORS!,ABBEY NORMAL.

Back