C body Tach interest

a discrete tach in the clock location by the speedo would be nice.

That option is only good for those willing to live their lives 1/4 mile at a time, like this dude.

et_trending_vin_diesel_100715_1280Copy.jpg

Given that PremiumDashDecals' vinyl transfers for the clock face are all of $9.99, I'd much rather see them make a repop for the tach and work around that. Believe me, I have very little desire to replicate the C-body dash fonts in 3D...

-Kurt

Ok, I guess. I don't keep up with the ABE reproduction world. R-body power door lock knobs would be of more interest than ABE stuff.

Not that I'm aware of but the clocks look very similar. Not sure if they interchange.

Saw your pic. I forgot all about the ones that sit on the console. Can't 3D print that, but a factory-looking one that sits where the clock may be doable - but in the meantime, let me stick with the '69-71 design for now.

This is great, really looking forward to getting one of these. Thanks fellas

Ran a bit short of time during the weekend, but had some time to work on the design tonight. It's a bit of a pain in comparison to the relative simplicity of the B-body tach, but this is what I've come up with so far.

1969-71-C-body-mopar-tach.png

Since the clock body is smaller than the tach, I had to slice the bottom of the body to allow it to slide in. I may have to get creative with the insert to prevent light leaks.

-Kurt

I'm probably going to simplify that housing design, now that I know where everything has to sit. I was trying to make room on the bottom when I did this one (hence the gauge cutout), but I keep forgetting that the original had loads of space used to clear the original tach assembly and that I can build whatever I want in that direction.

The one concern I do have is that I'm starting to think the bezel opening for the tach is larger than the clock variant. The space for the needle's sweep doesn't appear to be as spacious given the dimensions I'm working with.

Does anyone here have an original tach bezel they can measure - and also provide a photo of? I'd like to verify the size of that bezel opening.

-Kurt

What exact measurement do you need?

The tach bezel opening's height and width. If you have one of the tachs too, the size of the square part of the lens (not the round bit that covers the tach assembly) would be of interest too.

Preferably also height and width from a bezel designed for a clock too, if you (or anyone else) has one for comparison.

-Kurt

Last edited:
I'm probably going to simplify that housing design, now that I know where everything has to sit. I was trying to make room on the bottom when I did this one (hence the gauge cutout), but I keep forgetting that the original had loads of space used to clear the original tach assembly and that I can build whatever I want in that direction.

The one concern I do have is that I'm starting to think the bezel opening for the tach is larger than the clock variant. The space for the needle's sweep doesn't appear to be as spacious given the dimensions I'm working with.

Does anyone here have an original tach bezel they can measure - and also provide a photo of? I'd like to verify the size of that bezel opening.

-Kurt

There is no separate part number for a Tach bezel. They used the same bezel regardless of Tach, oil , clock or nothing . As I recall, even the blank is a block off plate

There is no separate part number for a Tach bezel. They used the same bezel regardless of Tach, oil , clock or nothing . As I recall, even the blank is a block off plate

Fair enough - mind you, I've never really seen these in person, so I'm working a bit blind (photos only help so much)

Do tell though - what did they do about the hole where the clock adjustment knob protrudes from?

Back