Carlisle 2022

Thank you to everyone that stopped by my swap meet space. It was nice to see everyone. This will be my last year vending at Carlisle. My ‘71 GT should be done for next year.
Bill

Wow. Small field this year.

@david hill and I were not on the picture. Neither are a number of members with whom I had the pleasure to chat yesterday or today (such as @bdalbitz , @live4theking and his whole delightful family, @Michael McCoy and his better half, @70 Sport Suburban, @70NewY’ER, @Walter Joy, @billyfury, @SportFury70, @c-barge father & son, @Trailer Park and his daughter, just to name a few off the top of my head -- apologies to those whom I am forgetting) and others whose cars I saw but with whom I did not have a chance to talk (e.g, @chry73luv, @Mike66Chryslers, @Michael spade, and @75LandYacht among others).

In addition, let us not forget folks like @FURYGT and @halifaxhops who were in the swap area.

Last edited:
@Imps Rule (in his sensational GC8 Mood Indigo 1971 Sport Fury, acquired from @JPMODL in 2019), @Imperialist67 (driving my EB7 blue 1970 TNT 'vert), and I (driving Poppy, my ER6 red G-code Polara 'vert) have made it to Carlisle. Not the grounds yet (that is for tomorrow), but to our respective accommodations.

On the way, we spotted and pulled up to a great little roadside eatery in Littlestown (just south of Gettysburg) called Melted Grilled Cheese. The food was delicious, the kid waitresses were helpful and pleasant, and the seating/setting outside were perfect. Here is proof!

View attachment 544313

Show-Off!

1658077390414.png

Thank you to those who stopped by and visited the tent! We even had a C body guy win a gold membership at the raffle Congratulations @jollyjoker for the gold (I'll set up a separate PM).

The nice thing is, due to the help from everyone, we ended up with a banner from Carlisle as the fourth largest club! That is fantastic and might mean we get a bigger tent next year. We've come a long way from a few years ago trying scrabble together a couple of guys to meet at the tent!

We are learning every year and trying to keep improving things. Hopefully those of you who attended Carlisle this year had a great time and a safe trip home!

Hawk (AKA HawkRod at FBBO and HSorman here)

@david hill and I shared a ride to dinner last night, and when I dropped him off back at his car, I thought that it'd be nice to take and share a photo of the show field at night.

@commando1 will hopefully be delighted to see photos of two more members, namely David and myself (or at least our shadows behind Poppy, my ER6 Red Polara) :lol:

IMG_5727 anon copy.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't get to stop by, busy in swap area. Hope everyone made it home safe. Hope everyone remembered to pat your car on the dash and tell it good job, otherwise turn in your car guy card immediately

Didn't get to stop by, busy in swap area. Hope everyone made it home safe. Hope everyone remembered to pat your car on the dash and tell it good job, otherwise turn in your car guy card immediately
What'cha buy? What'cha buy?

Did anyone score some unobtanium gold this year? Would love to see it.

@david hill and I were not on the picture. Neither are a number of members with whom I had the pleasure to chat yesterday or today (such as @bdalbitz , @live4theking and his whole delightful family, @Michael McCoy and his better half, @70 Sport Suburban, @70NewY’ER, @Walter Joy, @billyfury, @SportFury70, @c-barge father & son, @Trailer Park and his daughter, just to name a few off the top of my head -- apologies to those whom I am forgetting) and others whose cars I saw but with whom I did not have a chance to talk (e.g, @chry73luv, @Mike66Chryslers, @Michael spade, and @75LandYacht among others).

In addition, let us not forget folks like @FURYGT and @halifaxhops who were in the swap area.
I burned up most of my time in the swap, and when I would go back to car, I was giving tours of Tux to fans. I enjoyed telling and showing. I made walk through the c-bodies, but it was very quiet at that time of my walk.
I was able to grab a hot dog from the tent gang. Thank you, I needed it.
Too bad the Imperial group were so far from the C-bodies, but my location was very handy for the swap meet. I was able to get some goodies from @halifaxhops and a few other deals. I always spend 70% of my time in the swap.
Tux did very well, except for bad gas we picked up in Smithport NY at Ninny's minimart. Paid 6$/gallon for premium non ethanol thinking it was a great treat, after a lil while the knocking and rough idle started.
Great trip tho, made it to show and back in one piece Tux and I. 10 hrs to get home.

C31D14E1-5B07-4383-B430-218943F55574_1_201_a.jpeg

C8C8B0AD-B4B6-482C-B812-8553CEF785A4_1_201_a.jpeg

6C95601C-7517-4E86-87F9-02095202CD71_1_201_a.jpeg

9DCE7A75-1DE2-4E8B-BBA5-7AD967B79F2C_1_201_a.jpeg

8CA7CE3C-1F41-4457-A070-4A8908AFEB7A.jpeg

BAD2AEF9-FC61-43F2-A9A7-F88FAA77316F_1_201_a.jpeg

I burned up most of my time in the swap, and when I would go back to car, I was giving tours of Tux to fans. I enjoyed telling and showing. I made walk through the c-bodies, but it was very quiet at that time of my walk.

View attachment 545158
Damn, I talked to you a little bit while another Imp was trying to find a place to park, he parked across the road with the 52 - 54 Dodges and Plymouths. Tux was looking very sharp. Sorry I didn't ask if you were on forcbodies. I was the goofball with the straw cowboy hat on the scooter. I'll be sure to introduce myself next year. I should be walking and have hair by then. LOL.

I was impressed by many of the cars at Carlisle but there is something special about the classy C body group. Most cars kept close to what Chrysler had intended when creating the beasts. Nice originals and beautiful restorations whether 2dr or 4dr. Intelligent upgrades but keeping in step with style and to some extent; budget. It was great to see them in person and get to see the different options and special circumstances that explained how they have survived all these years. And a tip of the hat to those who drove their cars so many miles to be there considering today's traffic and the confident trust they have in their beloved cars.

Last edited:
Back